The Student Room Group

advice please

hey i started my AS levels in september and originally chose biology, maths and chemistry as i wanted to study medicine at university. In october i ended up dropping chemistry as i found it too difficult due to missing a substantial amout of lessons due to personal problems. My head of sixth form wouldnt let me take up a new subject so ive been stuck with just 2 AS levels. Feel like abit of a failure at the moment :frown: . Ill be starting a new AS this upcoming september, does anybody know if its possible to fit the 2 year course into 1 Year or if sixth forms let u stay on for an extra year to complete an extra A level?
You can see if you can do the 'fast track alevel', but you may have to teach it yourself, or go elsewhere to do it, Otherwise the school may let you stay on for an extra year to complete the a-level
Reply 2
Loz17
You can see if you can do the 'fast track alevel', but you may have to teach it yourself, or go elsewhere to do it, Otherwise the school may let you stay on for an extra year to complete the a-level

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
That sounds really unreasonable that they wouldn't let you pick up another if it was only October - I hope you complained!
Make sure you do revision for the 2 that you do and get good marks, in which case you are more likely to be accepted for something like a fast track or allowed to carry on longer.

Latest