The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have you tried doing pastpapers. If you keep looking at them and going through to find your weakness it helped me. Similar questions will popup every year so you can familiarise yoruself with them. Plus practice the hard question at the end if they still do that 10 mark+ delight at the end. I do computing WJEC as well, but your course is a bit newer now because they've changed it a bit.
Reply 2
Friday's the day.

I've been told to know a SDLC question off by heart, then attempt it first. (The last question for those not in the know)

Ive got 59 and 65 in past, looking for 75 to get an overall A.
And my cw scraped an A, with 85. No doubt modded to a B. :frown:

Good luck anyway!
Reply 3
Woo, can't wait for Friday.
To be honest, from the Specimen and Januarys exam I think it's a cert to know about Serial and Sequential files, differences between Data Validation (With techniques such as presence check, range check, type check etc), Data Verification (With techniques such as onscreen check with the aide of a time delay, dual entry (Always a giggle that one :biggrin:)/Double keying), Data Flow Diagram's and how to anaylise a system (for the last question) knowing things such as the different types of changovers, documentations produced, different feasibility study techniques etc.

If you know that and has an A in the coursework you can't go far wrong.
Reply 4
Im trying to craft a generic answer to the SDLC now. Its a lot harder than it looks..
Reply 5
My teacher thinks Binary seach will be in, as linear was in Jan
Reply 6
Nicely nicely not to difficult, lot's of stuff on Algorithms, bit tamping there was nothing on protocols as is my computing teacher.
And was up with that god awful question of the searchArray. Last question was easy as pie aswell, since I took Sociology, methods of data collection was good practice for my Sociology exam also =D
Reply 7
Searcharray was easy, it was about binary search. It was also in the Jan paper but about linear. I did find one question hard, just cant remember which one.

I can't wait until my teacher gets the mark scheme :biggrin: I have all the answers I wrote in my bag, me and a mate got well bored.

Did anybody else think it was too long? I finished within the first two hours :s-smilie:

Also had my final coursework mark back, had 93%, top in class well chuffed, shame that the moderators will take it down now :s-smilie: One guy only had like 20% max anyway.
Reply 8
Yeah lol, it was way to much time. I managed to drag out the last question until 11:15, one of my mates finished after like an hour, and just randomly started whistling to himself, everyone was like, are you serious.
Reply 9
I finished in under 2 hours - its definitely a big too much time. Although there were people left up until half an hour from the end, so others do take longer.

Easy exam I thought.
Reply 10
i did this paper, i think i made a few mistakes!
anyone got a copy of the paper?
Reply 11
nastynas
i did this paper, i think i made a few mistakes!
anyone got a copy of the paper?

Ill be looking for one.

The last question threw me, I didnt see feasibility, analysis and design anywhere in their question.

But it was a feasibility and HCI comparity question, wasnt it?
Reply 12
The last question wasn't about feasibility was it?

I can't even remember the first part of it :s haha, but the second was what would you expect of a HCI.
Reply 13
Shayke
The last question wasn't about feasibility was it?

I can't even remember the first part of it :s haha, but the second was what would you expect of a HCI.

Nailed it then.

I failed the one about the table and algorithm, I didn't understand what they were asking! :mad:

Crosses fingers for an A!
Reply 14
I love been on a new course tbh :biggrin:
Reply 15
The last question was okay, just talked about how they would collect the data and use it to create a HCI. I threw Feasiblity in there as part of data collection, then just gave advantages and disadvantages of different HCI's like GUI's, Command Driven, Menu Driven, Voice Driven etc.

And yeah that Algorithm table where they were talking about the mean or something, just threw in some random numbers, they might give me a mark for effort =D
Reply 16
You just needed to say the value of the variables after each input. So, the mean variable stays 0 until -1 is entered. When -1 was entered, the mean is calculated, and it turned out to be 4 or 5 i think, can't quite remember.

For the data collection, I think I put interviews (both group/one-on-one) questionnaires, observation, and looking at documentation...

And for HCI, I put GUI for novices (well, all users), command for more experienced/expert users, Other input methods such as speed recognition to allow for the physically handicapped to use, and one other thing.
Reply 17
Turn into 20/4 wasn't it so 5.

I though that was easy, my friend had the -1 as taking it from the numbers, I didnt even read the algorithem and I knew that it was to finish entering the code :/
Reply 18
on the last question also spoek about manuals etc...
like for users and tehnicians
looking back...i think i did OKAY

Latest