Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Backdated EMA?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got my EMA backdated to either 27th February or the beginning of January. Just wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to come through into my account???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It usually takes a few weeks when I get backdated ones, that's quite a while though so it may be longer.
    • 25 followers

I didn't even know they backdated that far...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ISTR - although it's a while ago for me now - that they backdated it to when you first applied, if there was some hold-up. For me it came on the next payment date, though it may be different now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the money in today. They did it in 6 days, I'm very impressed!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    ISTR - although it's a while ago for me now - that they backdated it to when you first applied, if there was some hold-up. For me it came on the next payment date, though it may be different now.
    When you say, 'first applied'... does it count from when you first sent in your application, or when it has properly been processed.

I initially sent mine off in August but they sent it back saying there something missing. It took us a while to get that document (moving house etc) but managed to send it back in February. Money has only been backdated til February, should it not be for September?

It know it's a bit of a long shot, but hopeful you can help! :o:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    When you say, 'first applied'... does it count from when you first sent in your application, or when it has properly been processed.

I initially sent mine off in August but they sent it back saying there something missing. It took us a while to get that document (moving house etc) but managed to send it back in February. Money has only been backdated til February, should it not be for September?

I only posted my application form off in February but have got it backdated till January.

Talk to you're EMA/Finance person in school, as long as you have proof of attendance, they should backdate it within a week.

Hope that helps

xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRgEgIrL)
    I only posted my application form off in February but have got it backdated till January.

Talk to you're EMA/Finance person in school, as long as you have proof of attendance, they should backdate it within a week.

Hope that helps

xxx
    Yeh, i've got to see the EMA people at college and they were like, well it must be a mistake and they said they would email them, but havent yet got back to me.

I've also rang them up several times, so has me mum but haven't really got anywhere with it!

It seems stupid get worked up about it but it's still money i could have had! :rolleyes:

Thank you anyway!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)

I couldn't tell you; as other posters said, the best person to speak to is whoever deals with EMA at your school.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2009
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.