i thought it was quite easy :smile: i quite enjoyed it haha :biggrin:
I didn't think it was that bad.

For the very last question, I got
.......H H H
O-H-C-C-C-H + 2CO+2e
.......H H H
(ignore the dots :smile:)

What did you all get?

For calculations, I got 35%, 9g, 5 moles (or mol/l, I can't remember the units lol)
haha ^^ got the same on calculations :smile:

on last Q i just drew
.... H H H
H-C-C-C-H
.... H H H

cuz the OH was the alcohol produced....and it only asked for the alkane structural formula.....
Reply 4
I had the same. (:

I was really glad all the calculations I knew how to do came up.
Reply 5
I think I got all the marks apart from the last one, didn't get it lol, and that balancing one...teh general was too easy though. Everyone finished it like an hour early :biggrin:
Reply 6
I finished in the first 20 minutes but never leave an exam early. There were 2 of us left at the end of the general.
I was disappointed at how easy it was :frown: I prefer a bit of a challenge.
Reply 8
Calculations were pretty straight forward, no titration ones :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hahah my friend cheated on it, he had notes on his ipod and he just read them in the exam hahahahahaha

i found the exam not too easyer and not too hard, think I did well though...

Did anyone get hydrolosis and distillation as answers?
Yeah, I did. For the whisky question, what is the process X or something? - Distillation... and then something about starch -> glucose was hydrolysis.
Reply 11
i thought it was alriiiiight.
some iffy bits.
but really, i'm not a chemist :P
Reply 12
The invigilators we get you wouldn't have a half chance of cheating, they constantly walk up and down, checking even the back of calculators for scribbled formulae. :|
EmmaDilemma
god if thats true about your friend.... which no offence I highly doubt, the invidulators in your school must be s*hit! I swear we have them peering over your shoulder all the way through the exam.

I agree lol
Our invigilators were everywhere!
In the English exam, there was about 25 of them!!

A phone went off in the chemistry exam, but they didn't catch the phone in time, but after the exam the chief invigilator was not happy !
Reply 14
Wow, ours aren't so strict, sometimes they let us go early, and theres only like 4. They ******* whisper though, it's really distracting.
Reply 15
Haha yes...but my exam had 6 people in the room.

only 6 people, one invigilator and he was sitting at his desk writing something.

Besides, I saw my friend get his ipod out haha.

he was sitting next to me.
Reply 16
Haha yes...but my exam had 6 people in the room.

only 6 people, one invigilator and he was sitting at his desk writing something.

Besides, I saw my friend get his ipod out haha.

he was sitting next to me.
Reply 17
Yeah I thought it was fairly straightforward too.

For calculations, I got 35%, 9g, 5 moles (or mol/l, I can't remember the units lol)

I got the 1st and 3rd one but I think I put 0.9g for the middle. I'd only revised the moles and percentage stuff about 15 minutes before the credit exam and that was the bit I was worried about most.
I only missed out one which was the 'what type of reaction is this' about the acid + metal carbonate. I completely forgot it. xD
This distillation and hydrolysis ones I wrote too.
I thought it was scarily easy! I was expecting a hard exam but i found it quite straight forward. I got 5 moles for the calculation too and 35% :biggrin: (I spent the night before doing calcs) I also put distillation and hydrolysis

What was the reaction between Acid and Calcium Carbonate? I put neutralisation...

Gonna be a high passmark now :P
Reply 19
Radgebanter
I thought it was scarily easy! I was expecting a hard exam but i found it quite straight forward. I got 5 moles for the calculation too and 35% :biggrin: (I spent the night before doing calcs) I also put distillation and hydrolysis

What was the reaction between Acid and Calcium Carbonate? I put neutralisation...

Gonna be a high passmark now :P

I put neutralisation too.

Ugh, I put hydrolysis, then scored it out and put something stupid X|

Latest

Trending

Trending