Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Grade boundaries for AQA GCSE English Literature?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinesthetic)
    We did English Language, but we only finished the literature specification on Monday, so haven't had chance to do a mock yet.

-Kins.
    What you got in Eng Lang mock?
    Lol I know scraped an A in that
    19 - Media
    24 - A/P/A
    21 - Diff Cult
    24 - I/E/D

88/108 - A grade boundary
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    any idea where all the example materials are guys? I'm looking for of mice and men and poetry ones. thnx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rushi)
    What you got in Eng Lang mock?
    Lol I know scraped an A in that
    19 - Media
    24 - A/P/A
    21 - Diff Cult
    24 - I/E/D

88/108 - A grade boundary
    I got 83/108 in the English Mock, but we had paper 1 from 2007 and paper 2 from 2008, so they had to give a best fit for the grade... 83 worked out at an A.

Paper 1: 41 - 18/27 Media & 23/27 written
    Paper 2: 42 - 17/27 section 1 & 25/27 poem
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishman129)
    any idea where all the example materials are guys? I'm looking for of mice and men and poetry ones. thnx
    Of mice and men.
    All I could find...

Mark given: Section A: 20, Section B: 24, QWC: 3 = 47/66 - Grade A (A* was at 53, so 6 off)
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp...W-CEX-S4-A.PDF
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of mice and men.
    All I could find...

Mark given: Section A: 20, Section B: 24, QWC: 3 = 47/66 - Grade A (A* was at 53, so 6 off)
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp...W-CEX-S4-A.PDF
    Sorry where was section B?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't include it.
    Here it is:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp...W-CEX-S4-B.PDF
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello i got a one mark off an A for my english lit. coursework grade and i think i just scraped an A for the exam. Do you think it will be enough for me to get an A because its 30% i think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 53/57 in the cwk, so what mark would I need roughly in the exam?

thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope it is low this year, I thought the paper was much harder than any of the past papers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how much the coursework's worth? In percentage? Becuase I was told that coursework in english literature was worth 20%, but I'm not sure that it's correct...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For AQA A English Lit, the coursework is worth 30%, the exam is worth 70%
    And are the grade boundaries THAT HIGH? You can only lose 6 marks to get an A*?! Crazy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't include it.
    Here it is:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp...W-CEX-S4-B.PDF
    What grade is that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono300)
    For AQA A English Lit, the coursework is worth 30%, the exam is worth 70%
    And are the grade boundaries THAT HIGH? You can only lose 6 marks to get an A*?! Crazy!
    Thanks!
    And I'm a little worried about the grade boundaries too, surely we're allowed to lose more than just 6 marks??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be fantastic to achieve an A* in the English subjects for anyone because if the grade boundaries are so high you'll feel like a genious when you achieve it!
    I hope everyone who wants an A* gets one and I hope you're all ecstatic on results day I hope the same happens to me
    Well done to all of you Let's all have our finger's crossed that the grade boundaries are low and achieve the grade we all deserve!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!! I'm staring to really worry as english has always been a weak point for me and I have completely messed up english language. I messed up on paper two the creative writing I need to at least to get an A and I feel I got a D in that section is it possible to get an A bear in mind I'm not the best at english. What do you reckon will be the higest mark ill get/ most likely???? I really need your help!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinknut)
    Hi!!! I'm staring to really worry as english has always been a weak point for me and I have completely messed up english language. I messed up on paper two the creative writing I need to at least to get an A and I feel I got a D in that section is it possible to get an A bear in mind I'm not the best at english. What do you reckon will be the higest mark ill get/ most likely???? I really need your help!
    I'm not sure but you've just bumped a 2 year old thread

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.