The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My initial thoughts: Stock contol!

Other things...I'd say perhaps something relating to the staff motivation issues, high labour turnover and the possibility of introducing training to combat this.

How about you? How are you preparing for it?
Reply 2
Im also doing this case study, our sixth form college is selling a CD-ROM for £4.50 with everything you could possibly imagine to do with it. I believe there also doing one the McAvoys. Ill see if i can find anywhere else you can purchase these from.
Reply 3
http://www.tutor2u.net/acatalog/OCR_GCSE_AS_AVCE_A2_Level_Case_Study_Toolkits_June_2005.html

Sounds like your school is adding a small mark up on the multiple user licence they purchased from us? :-)

Jim
Reply 4
stock control is a highly likly question
like this for example
"would a clearer stock control policy improve the shops profit"
i belive that a question relating to claires order will be put in.
other likly questions include the high labour turnover which could create a questions alongs these lines
" How Can hazel reduce the high labour turnover"
over possible questions
"discuss hazelleadership style"
Obviously theres a chance there will be a question on Stock Control but the case study sets you up for loads of other questions:
Line 60 when Robert is going to tell her what to do.. Its probably a Q about Management Structure, decentralised or centralised.

Also, Gemma says that she loves working with horses but hates the poor pay and long hours (L69). Maybe its about how Hazel doesnt follow Herzbergs theory. She cant raise wages or shorten working hours (L85) but these are hygine factors and won't motivate employees.

Many of the people left because of lack of training/experience. Maybe a question about training/motivation. The fact that Annette left to be a high street shop manager raises the question of opportunity cost. Surely Hazel could have used Annette in the Shop???

Thats a few questions that I have been looking at. I also did a SWOT analysis. I find it really useful to familiarise myself with the Case Study and it forces me to think about different questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending