The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
9MmBulletz
how can i arrange to pay for the exams in such short time

You enter into an agreement with college to underwrite, not pay for, the exams. The proviso being that if you do flunk them, you will pay for their value, otherwise, you still get them as part of your course. The paperwork will not have gone through yet. Speak to the person that's made the decision and stop your withdrawl, tomorrow.
Reply 21
get up to the standard of a D/C grade at A level and tell them that you have been studying at home. a D/C grade is enough for most schools to keep you on. Tell them about your family problems and emphasise the impact of them if possible without lying.
Reply 22
Mad Vlad
You enter into an agreement with college to underwrite, not pay for, the exams. The proviso being that if you do flunk them, you will pay for their value, otherwise, you still get them as part of your course. The paperwork will not have gone through yet. Speak to the person that's made the decision and stop your withdrawl, tomorrow.

should i call or go in person
Reply 23
9MmBulletz
should i call or go in person

Have a guess...

I'd personally be wearing a ******* pinstripe suit if I was in this situation.
Reply 24
SuicideCommando
My attendance is 5% and I've not had any problems with being kicked out.

Explain to them in depth what's happened, and solidly revise. It costs them a price to take you out of the exams, so I don't know why they'd do it. I doubt they will if you give them a proper reason why, backed up by your parents.

Thats hardly believeable.
Cooljack
Thats hardly believeable.

...Why? No, it's not.
Reply 26
Someone in my Geography class was told pretty much infront of everyone that he was being withdrawn from all exams..
He claimed he had been having personal problems too - his attendance was 40%. The problem is, he claimed that he couldn't get to school because his car had broken down and his family didn't have enough money to pay for repairs. When asked how he got to school before he could drive, he didn't really come up with a believable answer.

If you've been having genuine personal problems, just tell them.. they're not going to judge you
Reply 27
SuicideCommando
...Why? No, it's not.

In any normal college if your attendance was actually.. 5%.. you'd be in a similar situation to the OP, so unless you go to the worst college in the UK, or your tutors just don't care.. it is hardly believeable.
Reply 28
damn. my attendance is like 13%. if i was head of 6th form i would probably kick me out lol. get your parents to write a letter about the personal problems at home and you should be cool. good luck bro
Reply 29
FM08
Are you some kind of dick? Get chucked out and now you're looking for a way back! Run along tosser.

:|
Get in touch with someone at the college and explain your circumstances. To be honest you should've gone more regularly & it's your own fault for not letting them know about your circumstances sooner. Your place at college (unless it's private/you're international) is funded by the government :dontknow: if you don't attend that place could've been used for someone who actually wanted to go.
Cooljack
In any normal college if your attendance was actually.. 5%.. you'd be in a similar situation to the OP, so unless you go to the worst college in the UK, or your tutors just don't care.. it is hardly believeable.

Actually, "Cooljack", my sixth form is alright, my attendance is 5%, my head of sixth form pays for 3/4 of my psychology tutoring, and I've been in hospital for part of the year, been suffering from extreme bipolar and schizophrenia, had people die and been playing a sport at national level.

I am too busy or unable to be in school, but I've got all the support I need from there.

:ta:
SuicideCommando
My attendance is 5% and I've not had any problems with being kicked out.

Explain to them in depth what's happened, and solidly revise. It costs them a price to take you out of the exams, so I don't know why they'd do it. I doubt they will if you give them a proper reason why, backed up by your parents.

How t.f. do you get away with that?

(sorry, if the answers personal, you don't need to answer)

I got kicked out my sixth form for 63% attendance. And ever so nearly kicked out of my A2 college for 40% attendance. And you get away with 5%?!
oo_Lucinda_oo
How t.f. do you get away with that?

(sorry, if the answers personal, you don't need to answer)

I got kicked out my sixth form for 63% attendance. And ever so nearly kicked out of my A2 college for 40% attendance. And you get away with 5%?!

Mental health issues, really. Read my post above!
Yeah, if it was anyone else they would probably be in the same boat because we signed an 'agreement' at the start of Year 12, but whatever, they take individual accounts into consideration. :king1:
Reply 34
Having a mental health problem is no excuse for 5% attendance tbh.
FM08
Are you some kind of dick? Get chucked out and now you're looking for a way back! Run along tosser.

Seeeeeeen
Reply 36
??
Reply 37
do you guys recommend i go and see the head of college tomorrow then?
Reply 38
Dude, your screwed.
Reply 39
9MmBulletz
so basically my attendance has been pretty crap like 55% or so, and recently I have had problems with family a little which I wont go into but I couldnt exactly tell them.
Ive got a call today at 730pm saying I will be pulled from all my exams which are only 2 weeks away
So what should I do?
Should I tell the college that I have been studying at home and convicne them to keep me on, or should I just try and get the exams paid for even though it would be hard to organise so late on?

i'm so annoyed as exams are only 2 weeks away and they do this now:mad:

mate i go for mitigating circumstances every year, they fall for it, just make random crap up if you dont want to go into your family problems exactly, hold tight g

Latest

Trending

Trending