The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'll be nearing 23 when I grad Uni, hopefully not too long after that.

But at the same time, if the situation isnt right (job, girlfriend, whatever) then I won't just move out for the sake of it!
I'm 21 and live at uni, and at home during holiday time. Will hopefully be getting a flat with my boyfriend after I finish uni. I think at around 25 you should at least be thinking of moving out of your parents, if you haven't already. I think 30 is the very maximum that you should still be living with your parents.
My uncle still lives at home with my grandparents, and he is 45. then again, I honestly don't think he has ever had a girlfriend. No joke.
Reply 23
I think about 30. I envisage myself as getting married and having kids in my mid-late 20s, so I don't intend to be at home til I'm 30, but if that wasn't the case, I'd say about 30.
cpj1987
I'd say, personally, I think people should have moved out by the age of 19.

LMAO hahahahaah...how do you plan to afford a 150 k one bedroom flat in london at that age?
I'd be worried if someone wasn't looking for independence by 25 or so.

I'm 21 and living with my parents during the holidays. When I graduate I'll probably move straight up to York and try for some post-grad stuff. If I can't get that, I'll look for work in N North Yorkshire and North Bucks. I don't want to move out but I can't stick around for the sake of it.
Reply 26
prospectivEEconomist
LMAO hahahahaah...how do you plan on affording a 150 k one bedroom flat in london at that age?

:rofl: Oh dear.
Any older and you're just a loser. *runs*

*realises joke wasn't funny and plods back*
Reply 28
I reckon about 25. Gives you enough time to graduate, get a decent job and have saved money for your own place.

I moved out at 18 and i could never live at home again. I hate it.
Reply 29
I think the age can vary according to the cultural background of the person.
I'm Indian, and the typical norm is to live with their parents until they marry, (something which I dunno how people cope with).
My older brother is turning 27 this year, and is still living at home, however that said he is currently in full time work as a solicitor.
Reply 30
I'm not sure - I'll be close to 21 when I finish uni, and will probably come and live back with my parents for a while as I'd like a job round here, or in Norwich preferably. But not too much after that I hope - I want to be out and at least renting a place asap after that!
Reply 31
Vin372

My older brother is turning 27 this year, and is still living at home, however that said he is currently in full time work as a solicitor.

Must be loaded
Reply 32
There isn't one. If you have a good reason to stay at home and your parents don't mind, who is anyone else to tell you you're too old?
Reply 33
I dont think you could ever be "too old". Saying that, i'm never moving out of this house, even if I get a great job someday.
Reply 34
Actually, I'd say about 5 years after you graduate from your 'main' degree. Or 3 about years after you start full-time work if you don't go to Uni. No age.
Reply 35
Atomic Tundra
flicking your minge to orgasm

AHAHAHHAA, Rep for you my boy.
Reply 36
Well, I'm applying to do a phd, so that could extend my time at home by another 3 years or so. I'd be 25 by the point, so I'd definitely need to be making moves soon after I get a job after the phd...
depends, im 19 and live alone now, the idea of going back with the rents fills me with dread
Reply 38
i dont think it should matter. maybe kids would respect their parents more when they grow old if they lived with them for longer
If I wasn't a student I would have moved out. I finish college next week, if I can't find full time work locally I'll be moving out, anywhere in the country, to find work. You can rent rooms cheaply and it's an experience if nothing else. I'm not going to spend the summer doing nothing.

I'm going to uni in September and that'll pretty much be the end of me living at home. Each summer I'll be finding work somewhere, it'll be a chance to experience some interesting cities etc. Making the most of being able to move around with ease whilst I'm young.

Latest

Trending

Trending