The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i fainted during a dental procedure in which the anaesthetic wasn't administered properly so there was no numbing whatsoever! it was very very horrible.
And the morning after i sprained my ankle it felt alright until i tried to walk through to the kitchen, which gave my housemate a bit of a shock; she thought i'd died!
Reply 21
I used to get weird stomach pains after I'd been for a wee, and then I'd start sweating and go really light headed - I'd have to get out of the bathroom really fast and go and lie down on the floor outside on the landing to stop myself fainting. That was really odd, I've no idea what caused it.
Reply 22
Were you not breathing or hyperventilating? That's the only reason i can think of anxiety itself making you faint. Although some people faint when they come into contact with a needle..so.. idk. Maybe you should find a more sympathetic GP.

I've only ever fainted after running. Although i almost faint when i stand up like every day.
Reply 23
I've never actually fainted, but the closest I came was after the first time I gave blood. I went to a shop after and was stood there in a queue with a friend when suddenly my head felt like it was being compressed, I felt quite light and everything in my vision went really dark so I couldn't see much. I just said to my friend 'I think I'm going to faint' and she grabbed me, then within about 15 seconds I was okay again, I never lost consciousness or anything. Was quite a bizarre feeling.
I've never fainted from anxiety, but I have fainted because of low blood sugar quite a few times. Just need to make sure I eat at regular intervals.
Reply 25
Yeah I fainted for the first time a few weeks ago, felt really odd & dizzy standing in a shop then woke up a few minutes later in an ambulance not knowing where I was with a paramedic trying to wake me up. I had concussion and bashed my eye pretty bad had to have stitches and ive got a couple of scars now and my eye is still pretty red...at least I was unconscious and didn't feel the pain!
I fell over and was knocked out for a little while when I hit my head, though not from nerves or feelings

LOL I just remembered, we were watching a vido in Bio, with a view inside the penis. The thought of how the camera got in there made me feel very queezy, coupled with a hot day and lack of fresh air I remember feeling like I was on the brink of passing out, I couldnt really see properly so went out in a rush. I got to the medical room by which time Id cleared my head. They had a right laugh at me.
Reply 27
I fainted for the first time about 3 months ago on a ski lift up into the french alps. We had been standing in this capsule for about 15 minutes, it was my first time snowboarding, I hadn't had a lot to eat and we went up a bout a kilometre in 5 minutes. I remember going extremely hot, my vision went, and I couldn't hear anything.

I fainted at the worst time which was when the doors were open and the lift was moving round to let people off. I took about two steps and then fainted halfway in the door and half on the concrete. Then had some french men babbling at me for half hour keeping my feet in the air while I came around. Not a fun experience. And then later that day I got smacked in the back of the head by another chair lift...
Oladz
Wait, am i like the only boy who's fainted :confused:

No, I've fainted on several occasions.
I fainted in my re class once.
Reply 30
charlie-cakes
I haven't but my little sister used to when she cried, she would hold her breath until she passed out and we had to wake her up...it happened all the time and was really scary, especially as i was young too when it happened

My older brother used to do this too. Little oik. It's really quite scary how determined an angry child is.
On another note, my mother has due to blood loss.
I, never have.

Oh my younger brother... no that's becoming unconscious due to concussion. Different thing :biggrin:
Reply 31
Fainted when I was like 4. Was messing around with my Mum, went on the couch and tried to jump on her from the top, missed completely smacked my head off the floor. Lights out lol. Next thing I know, I'm in the shower getting ******* soaked, thinking wtf?
Reply 32
Only from blood loss.
i have when:
- i was in school a few times
- walking home from school
- when i was ridin my bike one day

and each time i was taken to hospital
Reply 34

I did one time last year in the middle of talking to mum.

I felt myself get light headed so i went to grab the counter and then I woke up on the floor a few seconds after. My mum goes 'what did you do that for?' must have thought I was stuffing around or something.
Reply 35
yeahy, many times before
2 at school
once at a wedding (that hurt)
once when we were on holiday, we had a tour round a famous home (forgot now). went to the top floor, not alot of air, fainted

those are the ones i remember, but there are more than that, probably 7 times
Reply 36
Um, I fainted once but I wasn't really anxious/nervous or anything. Basically I drank a glass of water too fast and it kinda got caught up in my throat (:lolwut: If that makes any sense...) and yeah, I fainted.
A few weeks back I went through a faze where I ate very little and was basically starving myself and I fainted at work. That was an awful experience.
Reply 38
For some reason whenever I loose any blood i faint, even if its just a small cut. I dont mind the sight of blood at all, I see it all the time through what I do, so its not that. Its some sort of reaction my body seems to have about 4-5 mins later. Start by just going light headed etc. Strange that it only started happeneing at around age 14.
Reply 39
I once fainted when I got postural hypotension - that's when you've been sitting down for ages and then stand up fast so your blood pressure soars- and hadn't been eating much (I was almost anorexic - this was years ago btw) and the two things combined made me faint, it was really weird, I just blacked out, fell over and woke up again straight away.

Latest

Trending

Trending