The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
haha, what did you put?

i put gold objects - gutted.
Reply 21
yeahh same, i think only one person in my year got it.

i just put gold objects :frown:

oh yeah, that was because he was in the army. i put a soldier killed him so not sure if il get the mark or not.

but the rest of the paper was quite easy :smile:
Reply 22
Lolly1
the rest of the paper was ok :s-smilie:
i put he was killed in a war ?? i hope that's ok :biggrin:

xx

yeah, that's the right answer i think. :woo:

iv got spanish reading tommorow, shouldn't' be too bad. :biggrin:
I have the exam paper right here with me, along with the answers that I was given yesterday.

For the one about the man dying it was "he didn't return from the war"; so it is assumed he died in the war. Though, the question asks "how *might* the man have died?" - so, in theory, there could be a number of possibilities... bad worded question if yo ask me. Hopefully they'll allow anything like old age, was shot / bombed / attacked etc.
Reply 24
What do you reckon the A* mark will be for the Reading? I am sooo annoyed I forgot what una docena is: (
I could translate the article on the reading, but had no clue what to right, and had to try a best fit process of adding in phrases.
Reply 26
I thought (read: hope) the reading went pretty well. Found it easier than the practice ones we'd done. And yeah, it was "media docena" :wink: Some of my friends jumped to the gun when they saw docena and wrote 12 :P

What did you guys put for the very last question. I put their performance in front of the bull, but not sure if that's right.
Reply 27
After my coursework and speaking, i thought Spanish would be ok.

But after reading and listening... eurgh. Not happy at all.

And I had to do my reading paper 5 mins after a 2 hour English Language AS :frown:
Reply 28
Lolly1
probably around 45??
it said media docena right? :smile:

'la selva' means the jungle but i had no clue what it meant in the exam :frown:

xx

yeahh, the reading wasn't too bad. :biggrin:

you could kinda work it out though, like a native tribe - either a wood or a jungle.

ye i changed it to half dozen at the end! :woo:

at first i thought it was half, but then realisd that's not that much pressure, so just guessed docena was dozen.

i also got a question wrong in the first exercise. :redface:
for the patinar sobre ruedas, i put pista de hielo, but it's not that. it's talking about skating on skates rather than ice :frown:

meh, i still think i got high 40s though. :woo:
Reply 29
I'm pretty sure the patinaje one was hielo because it said "pista" ie. rink and then something about music. What other options were there for the skating one?

The alpinismo one was montanas wasn't it?
Reply 30
I'm pretty sure the patinaje one was hielo because it said "pista" ie. rink and then something about music. What other options were there for the skating one?

No, because patinar sobre ruedas is roller-skating...and you don't do that in an ice rink?
I think it was the option about doing the sport in the park and the council building more equipment to make it more fun [or something along those lines, I don't really remember]

Whose doing the writing paper next week?
I'm hoping for easy essay titles!
Reply 31
Lolly1
yep i got that question wrong too :frown:
i had no clue what ruedas was but i looked it up when i got home - roller-skating :frown:

yeah same, i hope i still got high-ish 40s :o:
xx

anyway, i've got much harder exams coming up this week. maths and biology

i'm fine with maths, but biology :eek3: so much to learn!!

what subjects you taking next year?
Reply 32
ooh, english lit aswell next week :O. I"m so lucky mine's after half term, i'm on the 1st out of 5 acts in my play.

maths, economics, spanish, french.
and depending how the maths goes, i might do further because if you do it, you do Maths in the first year, then Further Maths in the second, so i'll see. :biggrin:
I didn't use the one that mentioned ice at all - nor did I use the one about the town hall (ayuntamiento), I don't think.

Hopefully a top 30/low 40s mark at-least ;D

I think I can definitely say I got an A? :s-smilie:
Reply 34
I'm hoping for around 45 as I clearly got that skating one wrong :s.
Golden coins for the listening?

Ahw man, i put golden teeth (muelas) instead of coins (monedas), i was so sure on that one to:s-smilie:
ohhh, i did this paper for my mock exam last term... the archaeology question was ridiculous!! i know for a fact that there were obstacles because of lack of funding and i also know that they found gold coins (i put they found a dead guy's skull :P) :eek3:

hopefully, my grade wont be too atrocious :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending