The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Becky_90
Ive just started at UCLan.
We have to do sort of like a hand washing assessment (along with basic life support and moving and handling) before we can go out on placement. Basically we're taught the theory/technique and then do the practical.

Theres plenty to do, theres alot of hours/ content etc so id say its rather intense (or that the impression im getting so far)
I assume holidays vary, but this year im getting a few weeks at christmas, 2 in April and at least 3 next summer.

oh ok thats cool im reli lookin forward to my course!!
Im going to update

exam week next week, feel grossly unprepared and ready- resits ahoy!
Ok UPDATE!

My to do list

1. Pass exams- almost impossible..but..I can try right?

2. Do assignment, have deicded to do it on an area im really interestd in- cultural perceptions of menstruation, really fascinating and I have an interest at the moment to go into womens health, particuarly community aswell, so its drawing on that passion, and its certainly helping me in my practice on gynae wards with women from a variety of backgrounds

3. Get previous paperwork signed- HAVE TO DO

4. Collect booklet for next placement, as was ill with a rather nasty gum abscess last thursday!

5. Get shifts for next placement- elective orthopaedics!

6. Relax and spend time on myself!
Subcutaneous
Ok UPDATE!

My to do list

1. Pass exams- almost impossible..but..I can try right?

2. Do assignment, have deicded to do it on an area im really interestd in- cultural perceptions of menstruation, really fascinating and I have an interest at the moment to go into womens health, particuarly community aswell, so its drawing on that passion, and its certainly helping me in my practice on gynae wards with women from a variety of backgrounds

3. Get previous paperwork signed- HAVE TO DO

4. Collect booklet for next placement, as was ill with a rather nasty gum abscess last thursday!

5. Get shifts for next placement- elective orthopaedics!

6. Relax and spend time on myself!

I think point 6 is one of the most important on your To Do list... it's so easy to get really caught up in all the academia and not leave time for yourself to chill out!

Latest