The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
necessarily benevolent
still have pathetic little glitches that PISS YOU OFF EPICALLY!!! :mad: My printer isn't ******* responding to my command, and I feel like punching someone. I know it's common, but such insufficient occurrences should've been prevalent in the '80s (as indeed they were)...computers should be utterly flawless now. Tightarse companies who rip you off are clearly responsible.

Discuss.

Are you sure you've not done something wrong?
necessarily benevolent
still have pathetic little glitches that PISS YOU OFF EPICALLY!!! :mad: My printer isn't ******* responding to my command, and I feel like punching someone. I know it's common, but such insufficient occurrences should've been prevalent in the '80s (as indeed they were)...computers should be utterly flawless now. Tightarse companies who rip you off are clearly responsible.

Discuss.

Yeah, my printer was pi***ng me off yesterday, everytime I printed off the first page of my document, the paper kept getting jammed. -.-

Thought I should share that with you. ^_^
andyroo_g
Are you sure you've not done something wrong?

Yes. And even if I had, computers should be good enough to make human error unproblematic.
Reply 4
There's nothing like the good old art of giving the machine a bloody good tonking to see it through. :yep:
Is your printer on? :awesome:
Software writers can hardly write for every eventuality - every computer is different, and sooner or later there'll be something that trips it up.
necessarily benevolent
Yes. And even if I had, computers should be good enough to make human error unproblematic.

But they're not magic:confused: I thought most things on a computer went wrong because of a human intervention somewhere along the line, like changing the settings or getting a virus made by someone else....
Reply 8
Silly printer.

Whack it. It usually helps. Or turn it off and on again! I swear every time there is something wrong with my laptop I just turn it off and on again and it works again. Magic! :p:
Reply 9
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Reply 10
Buy a better printer.
Reply 11
I do agree. A few days ago I wanted to print something with my wireless printer, which was new last month and apart from setting it up I've never used it..

Sadly, it appears that this wireless printer decides that it needs to be plugged in to recallibrate every time I unplug it from my laptop.
rosieee91
Silly printer.

Whack it. It usually helps. Or turn it off and on again! I swear every time there is something wrong with my laptop I just turn it off and on again and it works again. Magic! :p:

Lucky you :p: My laptop is messed up and I can't even switch it off:confused: I press shut down and then have to wait for ages before it decides when to do it:dontknow: I think I broke it :redface:
Reply 13
Computers are marvellous creations, can't imagine life without them, but why do printers always have to be so ******* **** and unreliable.
Reply 14
I broke my printer when it wouldn't print. I got so annoyed I threw it across the room. I regretted it the next day when I had to but another printer.

Don't make my mistake NB!
necessarily benevolent
...and I feel like punching someone.

Lol! You could just relieve that anger by going to the highest point you can find and throw the printer off there! :yep:
Alternatively, you can pull the printer cable out and never think about using a printer again. :smile:
thetopnotch
Lucky you :p: My laptop is messed up and I can't even switch it off:confused: I press shut down and then have to wait for ages before it decides when to do it:dontknow: I think I broke it :redface:

Oh just turn it off and on agai......:p:

Stupid laptop! Have you tried my other idea? Give it a whack? Show it who's boss! :wink:
Reply 17
I agree, computers I can get along with fine and usually fix whatever problems arise be they hardware or software related.

Printers however are a law unto themselves. It is not just the cheap end of the market either, many of the more expensive printers at work are just as infuritating as my cheapo epson for £40.
Reply 18
technology not working pisses me off loads!
rosieee91
Oh just turn it off and on agai......:p:

Stupid laptop! Have you tried my other idea? Give it a whack? Show it who's boss! :wink:

lol I've been tempted to give it a good :spank: but I've been resisting so far :p: