The Student Room Group

Places to camp in Newquay?

Ok so me & a few friends have decided to go to Newquay this summer before
we all head off for uni & we're going to camp..well, that's the plan anyway!!:p:

I was just wondering whether anybody knows of a place to camp near Fristral Beach..can't really be too far away as we can't take my car down because there'll be 6/7 of us. I've been looking at proper campsites, but it looks as though they'll be rather expensive to stay in for a week.

See, a few years ago I went on holiday & we found a field for camp in & it was dirt-cheap..that's the kind of thing we're looking for really..we won't really need a campsite with a pool & I don't really want to pay for it if we're not going to use it..

So yeah, if anybody knows of anywhere cheap to camp then let me know!!

:awesome:
Reply 1
Aaanyone? :awesome:
Reply 2
Rosecliston campsite
When we camped in newquay a couple of years ago we stayed in a campsite as it was dirt cheap! It's a bit out of town, but there's a bus that goes into town and to porth beach every 15mins until 3am (v useful). It is on the opposite side to fistral beach though, any particular reason why you wanted to go there? Also the bus had a stop right next to the train station (we didn't drive either).

EDIT: It's called Tregustick, website is here
Reply 4
Go to Smugglers Haven......theres an 18-30's bit but they dont check age
Its just out of town but there is a bus from outside the campsite regularly.
Went there last summer for a few nights, best weekend ever, would reccommend it to anyone
quite cheap to.
You might find it under the name trevelgue too :smile:
Reply 5
yeah smugglers is the only place that will accept you, pretty much. Me and 4 guys went there over easter and spent hours driving around campsites and none of them would accept single sex parties except this one. It's a bit out of the way from fistral, definitely out of walking distance. It's about 3 miles or so. Luckily we were in a campervan so could drive back and forth to fistral.
Insanespana
When we camped in newquay a couple of years ago we stayed in a campsite as it was dirt cheap! It's a bit out of town, but there's a bus that goes into town and to porth beach every 15mins until 3am (v useful). It is on the opposite side to fistral beach though, any particular reason why you wanted to go there? Also the bus had a stop right next to the train station (we didn't drive either).

EDIT: It's called Tregustick, website is here

porth beach is beautiful!!!
katie0908
Go to Smugglers Haven......theres an 18-30's bit but they dont check age
Its just out of town but there is a bus from outside the campsite regularly.
Went there last summer for a few nights, best weekend ever, would reccommend it to anyone
quite cheap to.
You might find it under the name trevelgue too :smile:

Tregustic is right next to smugglers haven, and they're a 16 + park for young groups. We thought it was a much nicer little site with everything you need whereas smugglers haven looked a little packed! (plus we had a bus that came especially to the site).

It was something like £6 per person per night a couple of years ago, not sure what it'd be now...

Latest

Trending

Trending