The Student Room Group

Manchester Aquatics Centre (Gym)

Anyone go to this? Just want to know if it's got a good range of equipment (rowing machine, treadmill etc.).
Reply 1
Had a look inside once and as a weightlifting gym it is awful- very small freeweights section. However if you just want to use machines then I suppose its ok. Thought its always best to have a look for yourself and not take the word of others.
Reply 2
Its good for swimming and cardio machines, not very good for weights. I wouldnt waste my money, even Sugden is better.
Reply 3
Jim-ie
Its good for swimming and cardio machines, not very good for weights. I wouldnt waste my money, even Sugden is better.

Except that Sugden is hopelessly overcrowded. You might as well pay a bit more and go to some place where you can actually use the equipment, not just wait in line after 5 others just to get on some bench.
Reply 4
I go there and personally I like it and there are alot of huuuge guys who go there so it can't be that bad for weights
Reply 5
The weight section really isnt as terrible as people here are making out and its no where near as packed as sudgen so it has its bonuses
Reply 6
goodmen
The weight section really isnt as terrible as people here are making out and its no where near as packed as sudgen so it has its bonuses

Is the lack of a squat rack not terrible?
Reply 7
Thats obviously the worst thing about it but you can substitute in hacksquats, front squats or dumb bell squats so its not like you have no options.
Reply 8
goodmen
Thats obviously the worst thing about it but you can substitute in hacksquats, front squats or dumb bell squats so its not like you have no options.

No gym is complete without a squat rack. And if I remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong), there was only one adjustable bench.
Reply 9
im just interested in swimming so it sounds good to me. anyone know how much a months swimming would cost?
Reply 10
bean87
im just interested in swimming so it sounds good to me. anyone know how much a months swimming would cost?

Opening Times

[Swim Times]
Monday to Friday: 6.30am - 10.00pm
Saturday: 7.00am - 6.00pm
Sunday: 7.00am - 10pm

http://www.manchestersportandleisure.org/sites/default/files/MAC%20Centre.pdf

so complicated xD Should get some student discounts somewhere :smile:
Staff are rude! Very small and not worth the money! Never going to buy a membership here again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending