The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep, I did it. I thought it was relatively easy but got a bit harder towards the end with the institution questions. Apart from that the only funny one was the first question as I thought they were instructions and not techniques so I had to think about it.
Reply 2
I thought the 12 marker on anxiety was a bit of a bizzatch, I never really thought anxiety was a huge part of it. I figured the question would be on the general topic, e.g. eyewitness testimony, rather than like a sub-topic.

But weapon focus totally got me through, THANK YOU pen/knife man :biggrin:
Reply 3
Was the answer to the first one, Recall Everything, Changed perspective sort of thing?
Reply 4
Why are psychology exams multiple choice?

Correct my ignorance please.
they aren't lol
Reply 6
no not really, only one question was.
Reply 7
T317
Was the answer to the first one, Recall Everything, Changed perspective sort of thing?

I put about not having leading questions and different perspectives. That wasn't the nicest first question, I was a bit "...oh dearrrrr..." when I read it because I'd only revised it a bit last night.

Overall I thought it was a fairly straightforward paper.
Reply 8
are you discussing unit 1.
Reply 9
Cognitive, developmental and research methods?
AS?
Yep :smile:
Hey guys!!!
I did it today, thought it was ok actually,,,,the first question was relatively straight forward but couldn't understand what the hell central tendency was, apparently no1 else did lol. The essay was l o n g, i waffled out two and a half pages hehe! loftus' bloody pen knife thing, christianson and hubinette, yuille and cutshall. Bit scared for friday though, who else is doing that one? I've got my books out right now in front of me and am writing notes for stuff i'm less sure about lol. What did everyone else think about today's?:p:
Reply 11
Central Tendency is stuff like mean, median and mode. The Median should have been used as their were onomlys.
oh gosh, I didn't even notice that, didn't spend too much time on that question lol, just saw central tendency and thought, naaah, no idea so moved on. Everything else went well though :yes:
Reply 13
I did this exam in January.
Friday's exam should be tricky :\ Seems to be so much content.
How does everybody feel about it?
I did that as well as a past paper, got something like a low B, but didn't revise... I'm quite nervous already actually, names just keep slipping by, maybe it's kinda late in the day to be working, but cramming for me seems to actually work.....
How did you do Sarah in the other one? I thought the social implications on social influence was quite difficult even to understand WHAT they wanted..... I get what you mean now,,,,,u mean Unit 1, on memory and that? sorry, too late, brains gone numb!
Reply 15
I got an A in unit one (memory, attachment/developmental and research methodology) in January, but I worked my bum off for it, didn't come easily :smile: If you worked hard, should be fine. Just really scared about Friday as there seems to be more stuff, but, just got to get on with it. My last psychology lesson is tomorrow, so I'm going to grill my teacher :biggrin:
Reply 16
Ally_1991
I thought the 12 marker on anxiety was a bit of a bizzatch, I never really thought anxiety was a huge part of it. I figured the question would be on the general topic, e.g. eyewitness testimony, rather than like a sub-topic.

Im glad someone else wrote about weapons focus for that question, everyone else seemed to write about some injection/researcher study which i had never heard of lol
I really liked today's exam :smile:

The first question was easy I thought, I just explained Context Reinstatement and Recall Everything. For the essay I included Christianson and Hubinette, Loftus' Weapon Focus Effect and the Yerkes-Dodson law; I know if I'm going to lose marks on it it'll be about the evaluation of them.

everyone else seemed to write about some injection/researcher study which i had never heard of lol

That was Peters, he could have been included.

Loftus was a woman :wink: But they don't care about that so well done :smile:
Tufts
Why are psychology exams multiple choice?

Correct my ignorance please.

Err...they arent?
Reply 19
Aaaaaaaargh!
Loftus was a woman :wink: But they don't care about that so well done :smile:

Yeah but the stooge holding the pen/knife was a man :biggrin: that study saved my life too !

I ran out of time to check through everything so hopefully no silly mistakes :frown:

Also, there was nothing on the multi store model! I was gutted. I made revision cards for that :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending