The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
AT the moment i am so confused, boys jeer at girls for being too thin or fat, or curvaceous. But thats how some of us are supposed to be, right!? I am 10 stone 4lb/65kg, size 10-12 and 5ft 6in! chest 36c, waist 28in and hips 37 in...What part of the scale am i on...? Am i fat...?
Please enlighten me!
xx

sorry to sound like a prick, but I'm 10 stone 2 pounds, 6ft and a guy, and i'm by no means underweight.
sorry to sound like a prick, but I'm 10 stone 2 pounds, 6ft and a guy, and i'm by no means underweight.

How can you not be underweight, being that tall and weighing that amount. You can't exactly be Mr muscle with those stats????
Reply 42
Solid_Snake_100

Hmm, my male flatmate is about 5 foot 7, just over 10 stone and he is quite a skinny little climber. Guess it shows how hard it is to generalise :smile:
Reply 43
Size 14+
That seems wrong though,
because i'm 5"8 and just over 9 stone,
but I am really really not underweight, im not fat, but i'm really quite curvy..
I dont see how actual weight matters if your talking about image// because surely thats just to do with how much and where.
I reckon as long as weight and fat levels arnt causing damage or illness then any weight is ok. I dont see why people should be too bothered. All though yes, I would love to get rid of my wobbles :L
Reply 45
:smile: ^ your nice! :smile: I am quite strongly built, bones etc! i walk loads, and i am a vegetarian! And by the way, i am not talking about weight and being fat... I am taking about figure! guys will you just lay off about the previous posts? i was kinda stressed and worried, cause i had a lot of things going on and i was concerned about my image! i am not mentally ill! :smile: xx
Reply 46
well im 18 about 5"9ish and 11 stone. im around size 14 and i dont know my bust size but my bra size is 36c.

a lot of people have problems with their image. me, i hate my thighs but i can work my figure to its advantage with clothing.
if you want to feel better about your image have a haircut or buy clothing that show off your best bits. you must love something about yourself.

i love my eyes, dark green, i can spend hours with make up making them my best feature

: D
Reply 47
I have lost a bit, i was 10 stone 9lb at one point... and 5 foot 5in!
Reply 48
at the end of the day as long as you are happy and not seriously underweight then its good.

my friend andy has been diagnosed with anorexia and hes always been skinny he just wont think "im hungry lets eat" he will sit there untill someone prompts him to eat.

he wont go near public now. its such a shame when someones self image is destroyed.

hes over 6ft and weights about 8st
Reply 49
Lool I do not know it depends on the people taste..
My girl's measurements are bust=34 waist=26 hips=42
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 50
Why are the people who post in these things never actually fat? :confused:
xxAFFxx
Hey back off.
I wasn't calling her fat. I said her weight may be 'a bit too much' on the 'how healthy are you' scale.
Who said anything about being fat?

Ahh yes, the legendary "how healthy are you" scale. I know it well. Well-respected and widely used the world over by medical professionals and health workers alike.

Solid_Snake_100

Sorry to sound like a prick, but what you weigh is really not the benchmark for anybody else's health. You're bordering on underweight and almost certainly look extremely skinny and boyish. I'd bet that your diet is rubbish and you do very little exercise, and have no muscle mass whatsoever. If you start eating well and exercising properly, you'll broaden out and put on a lot of weight as you get older, or else you'll just be one of these perpetually pigeon-chested guys.

Argh! I've seriously had enough of these threads. They are ridiculous. As long as you are a healthy weight, it doesn't matter what your body looks like, you will be found attractive. All these threads do is encourage idiots to come out of the woodwork and either start fretting that they're too big or start bitching that they weigh a miniscule amount and therefore anybody who weighs more than them must be too heavy, totally disregarding differences in height, build, bone structure and density, muscle mass etc. If you feel good, eat well and exercise regularly, then STOP FRETTING about your weight. You're still a kid anyway OP, if you think your body will look the same as it does now by the time you're 21, you're going to be very very surprised.
xxAFFxx
At the risk of sounding like a total bitch, I have to point out that 10 stones for someone who is 5Ft 6 is a bit much.
My sister is 5FT 4 and she is 7 stones. Im 5Ft 11 and 9 stones.. and we've been told that our weight is perfect for our height - not too skinny yet not too fat.

Actually, your sister is classed as "underweight" according to her BMI (which is 17.2 for her height) so :dontknow: who told you that her weight is perfect for her height as its not too skinny..
Reply 53
I would say if you have a 26 back with a KK cup size.
Reply 54
I'm 5ft 4, 9stone 5 and have pretty much exactly the same measurements as you (37:28:37)and I can tell you with certainty that you will not be a 36 back. I wore a 36 C for years untill i got measured properly and found out I was actually a 32 DD.

That might boost your confidence a bit, so go get measured to find out! Also you really aren't 'too curvy' so don't stress.
Reply 55
natherall1
apprently the 'perfect' messurements are bust - 36, waist - 28 and hips - 36 - so i'd say ur fine!!! :smile:

perfection is 34-24-34
I am a size 10, weigh about 10 stone and am 5 ft 4.
I have 32DD boobs, 26 inch waist and 36 inch hips.

I can absolutely assure you that I am in no way fat. I am curvy and have a tiny waist and big boobs and hips, but I am not overweight :smile: I used to be 13 stone 3, now that was overweight. Now I am not, and anyone who thinks that just because I weigh 10 stone means I'm unhealthy and fat is an idiot.

OP, you are absolutely fine, honest! Don't listen to anybody who says you aren't. For God's sake! Size 10 is a great size to be! It really worries me that you would even think you are fat!
Jennybean

Sorry to sound like a prick, but what you weigh is really not the benchmark for anybody else's health. You're bordering on underweight and almost certainly look extremely skinny and boyish. I'd bet that your diet is rubbish and you do very little exercise, and have no muscle mass whatsoever. If you start eating well and exercising properly, you'll broaden out and put on a lot of weight as you get older, or else you'll just be one of these perpetually pigeon-chested guys.

Well some people such as yourself no absolutely nothning about fitness then. I go for 3 mile runs everyday, have an amazing diet and am still not skinny at all. I just have less body fat and more muscle instead. According to BMI, I'm in the middle of the "healthy" weight range (20) , so that blows you right out of the water....
I came on this thread to ogle at some fat chicks :teeth:
Reply 59
Melting Sugar.
Actually, your sister is classed as "underweight" according to her BMI (which is 17.2 for her height) so :dontknow: who told you that her weight is perfect for her height as its not too skinny..

a nurse told us.

Latest