The Student Room Group

Will the extra 15mins significantly increase the pass mark?

In english because they're giving us an extra 15 mins this year do you reckon that the percentage for an A will rise? :/ (in recent years its sort of stuck around the 63-66% mark)

Because more people will be able to finish it and get to the last question do you reckon it'll rise? :/

I really want to get an A but I know myself it'll be a borderline A.. i.e 71%
It'll probably rise a little, depending on the relative difficulty of the Close Reading obviously, but i doubt it'll rise that significantly to be above 70.
Reply 2
I doubt it, they'll make the questions harder or add more questions to use up the extra time, surely? How else can they justify giving extra time? People already complain that exams are getting easier and easier...
Reply 3
Eden09
I doubt it, they'll make the questions harder or add more questions to use up the extra time, surely? How else can they justify giving extra time? People already complain that exams are getting easier and easier...

It is still going to be worth 50 marks though, the numbe of questions is kind of irrelevant since you should be answering at a suitable length for the number of marks available, which will be the same over all.