The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crazyferret
:sadnod: I'd have to agree with you.

Very few people actually want to go there as a first choice. Having said that there's a chap on here who chose Birmingham over Bristol :rolleyes:

Birmingham over Bristol? What a mug :p:
Toiletpaper8
Birmingham over Bristol? What a mug :p:

My thoughts exactly :p:

Spoiler

Went to Cardiff, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Leicester. And Newcastle post-offer day. Who did I go with? Mainly my ex, some friends, or just by myself. Various forms of transport - minibus (with the college), car, plane.

I'd highly recommend visiting the universities before applying if possible. Reading a prospectus is all well and good but you can never tell the feel of the place until you go there for yourself.
crazyferret
Alternatively Cardiff really went to town trying to sell the place - coach tour of the campus and all :p:

At Barts there was like a 90 minute tour and then we walked around the East End for a bit. :teeth:

Barring Oxford, it was definitely the best "experience" at interviews with the tour and everything. But then, Oxford's pretty unique as it had a 2 day thing and lots of just hanging out with other applicants.
jonnyofengland
At Barts there was like a 90 minute tour and then we walked around the East End for a bit. :teeth:

Barring Oxford, it was definitely the best "experience" at interviews with the tour and everything. But then, Oxford's pretty unique as it had a 2 day thing and lots of just hanging out with other applicants.

Barts was quite fantastic...the free food and USB sticks enticed me enough to apply there :p:

The walk from whitechapel to mile end on the interview day was however not so delightful :sadnod:

Before the interviews I managed to stay (free of charge) at ChCh and Trinity for the open day in September. Needless to say I gorged myself on enough food at the latter to satisfy me for a few weeks.
crazyferret
The walk from whitechapel to mile end on the interview day was however not so delightful :sadnod:

I was wearing £5 shoes because I'm poor and didn't want to waste money on posh clothes (:o:) and they cut my feet to ******* shreds on that walk. I remember getting back that night, taking my shoes off and blood dripping off my socks. :s: Since that day I wore those shoes for 5 minutes before and after the interview, and changed into trainers for the rest of the time. :laugh: Got some weird looks at Imperial when I changed though.

So there's a tip - if you're planning on going to open days wear comfortable shoes as you never know how much walking you're going to be doing. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending