The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RichE
WTF has happened to schools since I left? :eek:

I'd guess it was before you left. It happened quite a while ago. Their daughter is 13 now. Still, about three years ago the school's resident talent stood up on stage and sang a song to 'a very special lady'. We all thought it was his girlfriend. Two months later he passed his exams, left school, and moved in with a technology teacher who promptly divorced her husband. Funny, that.
Reply 41
Charlottie
Well, if they're all offering practical experience, I don't doubt that.

Dear lordies...
Reply 42
Charlottie
I'd guess it was before you left. It happened quite a while ago. Their daughter is 13 now. Still, about three years ago the school's resident talent stood up on stage and sang a song to 'a very special lady'. We all thought it was his girlfriend. Two months later he passed his exams, left school, and moved in with a technology teacher who promptly divorced her husband. Funny, that.

Is there something in the water?
Camford
Dear lordies...

You have to remember, I'm very immature. I go to a school where the boys ask for practical sessions every year in sex education. For them, it never gets any less funny. For me, it does slightly, but not to the point where I won't steal their joke.
Reply 44
general studies preparation = pointless.
i didn't go to a single GS lesson and got 300/300 UMS for AS. so don't bother trying to study for it, then just ace exam anyway.
Camford
Is there something in the water?

Well, I've not shagged any teachers yet. Or anyone. I'm a good girl.
petemc246
general studies preparation = pointless.
i didn't go to a single GS lesson and got 300/300 UMS for AS. so don't bother trying to study for it, then just ace exam anyway.

This thread is about GS? I thought it was about teacher sex!?! :eek:
Reply 47
Charlottie
This thread is about GS? I thought it was about teacher sex!?! :eek:

We have a way of stearing things away from its original intent...
Is general studies a thing they have in english schools? What umm is it? :confused:
Reply 49
Simone de Beauv
Is general studies a thing they have in english schools? What umm is it? :confused:

It's Junk.
What do you people actually do in GS? (it doesn't exist in Scotchland)
as far as I can gather it's a mixture of Modern Studies, basic maths, geography and other tit-bits of general knowledge that they introduced down south as a way to introduce breadth into the curriculum (not necessary with the joys of Higher :biggrin:)
According to my friend, it's an excuse for her to write letters to her examiner telling them they ask crap questions.
Reply 53
Charlottie
right

erm... you're intending to do English aren't you? :p:
Reply 54
Charlottie
According to my friend, it's an excuse for her to right letters to her examiner telling them they ask crap questions.

It's true, they do ask stupid questions. I was looking at a past paper last week and one of the questions asked you to give reasons for converting an old primary school into a medical center...
Mop
erm... you're intending to do English aren't you? :p:

Homophones get me like that. I blame being tired. Mind you, at least I realised and changed it, and as soon as I had you'd posted. Pedant.
Reply 56
Charlottie
Homophones get me like that. I blame being tired. Mind you, at least I realised and changed it, and as soon as I had you'd posted. Pedant.

I'm a mathmo... it's my job to be pedantic :biggrin:
Reply 57
Mop
I'm a mathmo... it's my job to be pedantic :biggrin:

It's not your job, it's in your bloody genes.
REVISING = POINTLESS. If you have even the smallest murmer of cognition then you will pass the exam. Its not worth wasting valuable revision time that could be spent on other weaker actual subjects. Not boasting but i did no revision and paid he smallest modicum of attention in class and got 100/100 in the first module. Just wing it and flatter the right wing ego of the examiner in your answers.
OR refuse to do it. My exams officer supports the same football team as me, so I wandered in, smiled sweetly and said, wasn't the Burnley game good? Then; don't you think GS is a waste of time? I am doing 5 other AS levels after all. He laughed and took me off the entry.

Latest

Trending

Trending