The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I remember managing through some genius process to turn the technique of the 'novel within a novel' in 'Frankenstein' into being an example of how women in the novel represent the resolute moral ideal. **** knows how.

I also remember in response to the question 'What is a wide-area network' in Computing I wrote 'a network over a wide area' the first time. I know better now ><

Mine are quite dull really. I was pretentious enough in my most recent mock unseen prose literature exam to write 'as I have only been provided with an extract, rather than the full text, I am forced to make conjecture, but...' which isn't exactly ridiculous but just a bit up my own arse.
I said peadophiles should be sent to rehab instead of prison in a crime and punishment essay for General Studies. Yet to find out what they think of that.
Reply 182
Something along the lines of:
&#8220;When the rose-tinted smoke screen of hope began to disperse, it was already too late. All organised opposition had been efficiently crushed while the population was still intoxicated by their almost revolutionary enthusiasm. Many continued to embrace the fumes rather than once again face the humiliation of reality. Only a limited few in the crowd began to look around, realising their fate, but there was only one direction left to travel &#8211; forward; limbs mechanically pumping in unison towards one man&#8217;s vision.&#8221;

Not exactly that ridiculous for a history paper.
I basically didn&#8217;t revise enough and so I was left with time to elaborate creative-stylee after writing serious evidence based stuff.
This was only a mock a couple of days ago, nothing important.
in one of my gcse chemistry papers there was one of those chemical equations.. can't remember what it was exactly but i had no clue and after some careful thought i wrote 'mars bars'... my teacher was not happy when i told her lol
Reply 184
General Studies:

Q: "Why might this data not be useful?"

A: It would not be useful to wide sections of society who have no interest whatsoever in its subject matter - for example, students of General Studies.

97/100 UMS. Touché.
nooshie
I have never met anyone who knows Postsecret before!

I know it :biggrin:
For my real RS GCSE exam, in one question i wrote down the lyrics to the Fresh Prince of Belair intro after building up some nonsense and then for another i started drawing crazy pictures, all i remember was a ninja standing on a cloud duelling with an old man who was meant to be God.

I didn't really do more for real exams, RS was just worth it though. :smile:
Reply 187
In RE GCSE I said that "Catholics, like Nazis, feel that a woman's role is to produce children"
Reply 188
I had a history exam on Britain and i remember talking about Osmald Mosley and his 'nazi' style BUF
In an english exam I totally ran out of ideas for what to write, and ended up describing resident evil 4's storyline :rolleyes:

And for a math exam I had no idea about a question, so just put down 42, and it was right :eek: :p:
In my GCSE French oral, I said that "the spagetti was frigid", but only figured it out about 2 weeks later :biggrin:
Reply 191
In my A2 history coursework i remember making up a historian called Charles Yozemka who agreed with all my opinions. i got an A and teacher thought i had actually looked at some old skool archives
M_E_X
This is probably not what you're looking for, but a favourite of mine in physics and maths exams is...

"X
and from this we can see...
Y"

Where X and Y are two unrelated (or rather, I cannot see how they are related at the time) statements.
Ho-ho! :smile:

I love those ones! You get stuck in some derivation so you just put

From X it is trivial to show Y
I discussed, in detail, who was the better superhero, Batman or Superman.
Reply 194
A friend of mine decided to conclude their essay on the distribution of world's hazards by saying:

"As long as you don't live on a plate, you'll be OK."

Excellent.
Reply 195
croissantfever
I love those ones! You get stuck in some derivation so you just put

From X it is trivial to show Y

Haha, "it is trivial to show", that's a great line :smile:.
I love the people who are posting "YEAH I TOTALLY WROTE THE LYRICS OF FRESH PRINCE AND STILL GOT AN A- LOL". Yeah, totally. "Lol".
Today I pratted on about masturbation in General studies AS for the question 'Some people would say knowledge=power, do you agree?'
Reply 197
BramsSTFU
I quoted Gandalf and Dumbledore in my GCSE RE exam. Got a B w00t.

In General Studies at college I didn't answer the questions I just wrote about how my mother is a lunatic, then I wrote some questions of my own and put my email, in case the person marking my paper wanted to answer them. Which they didn't.

In an RE lesson we were discussing something to do with morality and my friend blurts out 'you shall not pass' and then sir goes 'yeah thats a good one, where's it from'

'ah thats gandalf lord of the rings'

he got sent out but it was so funny
I was really stuck on a law and punishment essay in ethics so I went off on a tangent about a Nick Hornby book. My teacher said I would have got on A had it been an English Lit. essay....
Reply 199
truthandtragedy
I love the one that asks you to "Find x" in an equation, I got shown a paper where someone had just circled the letter 'x' and wrote "here it is!"
:yes:

Sometimes the simplest is the funniest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending