The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
OH YEAH in a yr 9 french exam, my teacher asked if I'd been cheating off my friend (Alex) because we were sitting next to each other. I said no, but he then showed me my exam script... I'd written my friend's name in the name box instead of my own.:s-smilie:

I hadn't even copied as well...
In AEA biology last year there was a question on dinosaurs so I just wrote, "I have a dinosaur on my t-shirt....I really do :smile:"

Yeah, I failed.
I didn't remember a statement, but at the end of one exam, I drew out a full comic featuring the death and funeral of my writing hand, as I had 6 exams in the span of two days.

The professor wrote out a eulogy at the end of it when I got the exam back. :biggrin:
Reply 323
cheesoid
GCSE English - "My school is a ******* ****hole" still got an A for it :biggrin:

Yeah, sure you did. :rolleyes:
Reply 324
Kevin J
Yeah, sure you did. :rolleyes:

I did, as it was in context :rolleyes:
For every exam I've done in the last few years, before each one I've picked a different musical artist that I know well and decided that a good third of my writing has to be lines lifted directly from songs of said artist. Sometimes it works out really well, even if there's a bit of a clash of genre (e.g. Oasis meets proportional representation).

My favourite one ever: Grammatically corrected lines from Ghostbusters in an essay about Macbeth. GOLDEN.
Haha just remembered some French speaking ones from GCSE. I pronounced some things ever so slightly wrong.

I wanted to say my mum worked in an office. What I actually said was that my mum was an executioner.

I responded to a question saying "yes, a lot!". But due to pronouncing it slightly weirdly, I realised that what I'd actually said was "yeah, sweet ass!" (beau cul).

The examiner must have been flattered enough though, cos i got an A* :jiggy: Sexual harrassment gets you good places.

Watch your pronounciation, kids.
Reply 327
i said...in the book
That Duffy's poem Little Red Cap (and inversion of a fairytale) was a Greek myth exploring peadophilia and Greek pedestry. Only realised when I left the exam room.

I also wrote the majority of an essay on Auden when it was supposed to be on the magnificent poet that is Carol Ann Duffy.

I also wrote Duffy doesn't hate men. Clearly didn't agree with what I was writing.
In chemistry:

Q. What would you add to Hydrochloric Acid to make a red compound?

A. Red paint powder.
Today in my English exam I was talking about the use of the noun 'butchery' and I accidently referred to an arboretum, instead of an abbatoir!
Not something I wrote, but I had to get this out somewhere or I'll explode.

Question in Geology exam today had the question 'Define the term rock'.

Couldn't stop laughing for about a century. Someone told me afterwards that they'd just put '...' which made me laugh even more :biggrin:

My old Philosophy teacher told us that someone a couple of years ago just drew a horse as their answer to the first question and left it at that. Someone in my class then did exactly the same when my year took it :P
"Find X"..."found it!" Always a classic.

Or when I constructed an essay on how porphyria's lover was a poem about lesbians...there have been a few.
today in my biology exam, i looked over when i was finished, and this boy sitting next to me was checking through his answers. One of the questions asked something along the lines of "what is produced when soy souce is fermented by Lactobacillus Fungus" and he had written "i donno, ask your dad!", i burst into laughter, i dont know why, i just found it hilarious and totaly random.
tropical-twist3
(I dont think the examiner will appreciate it but) LOL!

Thanks lol. No i dont think they will either... but i couldnt realy find any other words to say... and i did find it quite funny lol.
In an AS history exam there was a question (unrelated to what we did) about Norman castles which appealed to me. I didn't really know anything about them so I took most of the main points from Monty Python, including sieging using the wooden horse/rabbit/badger. Also wrote about using carrier pigeons to communicate between castles, I'm sure they did that right!
" Willy Loman killed himself via suicide " < Higher English
I said that Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird represented the stoic, forward-thinking and fair spirt of modern political, legal and social ethics.

Too bad this was in a GCSE maths exam :frown:
It wasn't an exam, but in my English Lit A level class, one girl had written her comparison coursework on Lord of the Flies and the Cement Garden or something.
She wasn't the sharpest tool in the box and didn't really get how to write essays or how to answer the question, let alone what is colloquial and what is formal essay structure/ phrasing/ how to write a succinct or relevant conclusion. :p:
Anyway, she ended up with a concluding line something like, "overall it is clear these two books have many shared themes. In particular death, loneliness, isolation, betrayal, and masturbation."
Another classic from that class (they weren't the brightest bunch) - an essay question on William Blake and why Nature was such a prominent theme in his works:
"When William was little his mum would take him to lots of parks and green spaces, so when he was older he liked writing about them as it reminded him of his childhood."
Oh good god no.
common_person
Haha just remembered some French speaking ones from GCSE. I pronounced some things ever so slightly wrong.

I wanted to say my mum worked in an office. What I actually said was that my mum was an executioner.

I responded to a question saying "yes, a lot!". But due to pronouncing it slightly weirdly, I realised that what I'd actually said was "yeah, sweet ass!" (beau cul).

The examiner must have been flattered enough though, cos i got an A* :jiggy: Sexual harrassment gets you good places.

Watch your pronounciation, kids.

haha
when I was on the French exchange in Year 9 (so innocent :rolleyes: ) my exchange partner's family were asking about my parents' jobs, and I said my dad was a writer. They asked what his books were about, and I didn't know the French for crime or murder, so I thought I'd be OK just saying 'murder' in a bit of a French accent.
They were a bit taken aback as I actually said merde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending