The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
LurkerintheDark
I said that Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird represented the stoic, forward-thinking and fair spirt of modern political, legal and social ethics.

Too bad this was in a GCSE maths exam :frown:

Please let this be for real or I'll be sorely dissapointed.

Also, why? ><
Reply 341
History: "How successful were Alexander II's reforms in modernising Russia before his death in 1881?"

Answer: A lot more successful than they were after it.
For my exam on farm animal management I had to write about selecting the best rams for breeding, and I wrote
"If you want a hardy, resilient sheep but also with longhair you need to pick parent sheep with these qualities. However, it is no good picking any old lazy, longhaired ram sitting in the corner, because they might be too lazy to be bothered to mate in the first place..."

...along with accompanying cartoon of a ram saying "I'm not really bothered.."
Philosospy exam - tanric sex over normal sex as a good example of higher and lower pleasures...

The same exam - "Harry Potter has made Christian philosophy more understandable than the Bible ever did."
I already posted this somewhere else, but in an RS exam my friend wrote tha Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear headscarves in schools because they might hide a bomb in it...

I also like the urban legend about a guy taking a psychology A-level who answered the essay question 'What is risk?' with 'This'. I have no idea if that's true, but I really hope so.
Reply 345
Meridian_Star
I already posted this somewhere else, but in an RS exam my friend wrote tha Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear headscarves in schools because they might hide a bomb in it...

I also like the urban legend about a guy taking a psychology A-level who answered the essay question 'What is risk?' with 'This'. I have no idea if that's true, but I really hope so.

I believe this is a myth. My school music teacher told a similar story but relating to Philosophy entrance exams for Oxford.
Reply 346
Update: In my mathematics for computing exam I inverted a rather tedious matrix and then concluded that A1A=SuccessA^{-1}A = Success
Reply 347
My first psychology exam - how could a teacher remember her students names?
I wrote something about assigning images to the students - "For instance, if she had a student named Teresa Green, she could imagine a green tree".

My god I felt like an idiot writing that, but I couldn't think of a better example, so I left it in :biggrin:
Lell
I believe this is a myth. My school music teacher told a similar story but relating to Philosophy entrance exams for Oxford.

I was told that some philosphy student used this an answer

Q - Is this a question?
A - Only if this is the answer.

Something along those lines.
i had dropped biology half way through year 12 yet was enetered for the exams and didnt want to pay to get withdrawn from it so i sat the exams. one of the questions was what the symptons of cancer was i wrote dying. what should a girl reduce in her diet, i wrote not chocolate or sugar.
also why some guy had to rethink abouyt having children, i wrote that he wouldnt be able to as he wouldn't be able to satisfy his wife with something soo small:smile::smile:
got a U i wonder why??????
Chemistry exam, it was a module early on like C1. Anyway one of the questions was something like 'Name x chemical as shown on the chart'
Answer 'Well judging by its chubby appearence and odd colour I would suggest that chemical be called Steve from now on'

So thats where my 72% came from... I had no idea of answer, so was pointless either way.
Reply 351
Well, in my biology mock, it asked me a question on mitosis, I wrote: "The thingy splits the middle thing in two". Teacher wasn't impressed.
Reply 352
In my general studies exam writing about organs from dead people I repeated wrote about cava organs instead of cadaver

*facepalm*
Reply 353
in today biology exam, I started talking about how you could either be a boy or a girl, but not both.... and then you can guess how that developed
I talked about biscuits and how it is greedy to have more than one biscuit HAHA, :P
Reply 355
i have got a friend currently doing his a2 exams but when doing his GcSe exam (3rd time resit) he wrote down on his paper and i qoute " have mercy on me examiner i am doing this for the third and i need to pass or else ma mum will be angry with me" and guess what he did not fail.
Reply 356
Question asked was 'find x'
I didn't have any time left and it was a 4 mark question so I wrote
'x= your mum'

:s-smilie:

Did quite well actually !
Reply 357
After hearing that north korea has nuclear weapons in an english language exam I managed to get this in after going on a slight tangent:

Kim Jong-il may have balls the size of raisins but I'll tell you what, they're made of steel.
:yes:
Reply 358
In my German AS, the writing question was about family structure, and I went on about how in the credit crunch it's important to have the security of a good family.

I mean, that doesn't even make sense in English!
Reply 359
LOL in my gcse science exam the question was:

Describe another reaction that could take place with methanoic acid.

I said:
React it with water to produce Dilute Methanoic Acid

=DDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending