The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
In a physics exam it asked why the double-slit experiment effect didn't happen when you had people walking between two trees. I wrote an essay explaining it would happen if you used a stream of very fat people going at high speeds through the trees.
Reply 101
"Historian J. Clarkson would agree with me when he says..."
"hooverville is a metaphor of neverland".
Reply 103
chazzyboy
In maths gcse the question was something like 'expand (2x + 3)(x - 1)'

So I wrote:
(.....2.....x.....+.....3.....).....(.....x.....-.....1.....)

Genius! this is what is wrong with different terminology for different subjects
*Circles X.*

This is X

Lolololoolollll.
Never done it but haaaahaha.
It's funny.
Reply 105
Physics GCSE, we had a picture and had to label, I saw a long tube going from what was obviously a fuel tank to a plane. I said it was a rope to stop the plane flying away "/
Well about to of us decided it was a good idea to our RS exam to fit in somewhere indiana jones and star wars. However i did get an A.
Also not so much a funny thing to write but in year 11 we had a biology exam and it was a multiple choice question about the theory of evolution and whos was it. My mate got that wrong, to this day it still makes me laugh.
Reply 107
menaa-x
:biggrin: *reps* :laugh:

lol haha thnx :woo:
In my English Language exam (A Level) it was an old pre-war recipe extract or something, and it asked a question about what a certain line was implying (the line mentioned innards or something). I was totally rushing by this point cos I'd left the question til last... I spent 10 mins talking about chicken ****. Literally.
AirRaven
General Studies, last year.

A question vaguely related to some statistics released by the Conservative Party. I glanced at the clock, realised that my verbosity had left me with five minutes of writing time left to go, and just scribbled "David Cameron is a santimonious arse".

Walked out. Got a U.
I don't think I've ever been prouder of a failure.

The statement is correct, however your misspelling of sanctimonious is possibly what earn you the U. Other than that it's surely deserving of at least a B.
It wasn't a written exam, but in an oral I said the word for ham instead of leg when talking about an injury and the teacher wouldn't stop laughing.
I didn't know what II'd done and I couldn't ask because I was being taped...was embarrassing :-/
Reply 111
I once spent my entire general studies extended answer writing out biology and psychology essays.
ended it saying
'Oh no! This is general...sorry!'
Once in a Science exam in year 8 I wrote, when asked to describe the process of birth- 'When a woman gives birth, firstly her uterus and ovaries fall out, then the baby is born a bit later.'
No wonder i got a D at GCSE :smile:
I once managed to relate every part of an AS general studies exam to penguins.
In my general studies exam I wrote some pretty stupid stuff, I can't remember what though it was two years ago.
More recently, in key skills mock papers I wrote some ridiculous stuff. The teacher was always asking about boyfriends (the whole class was girls) so when I had to write about a picture of an old ugly guy I wrote about how sexy he was. ahemm. I don't think I ever answered a key skills paper seriously until the real thing.
Reply 115
LawBore
"Historian J. Clarkson would agree with me when he says..."

Oh yeah, I also tend to make up historians with German names, like Hauser, Merken-Weiss, and Blas.
Reply 116
In my physics ISA, I wrote a whole paragraph about how a certain question was stupid, and it did not relate to the topic in question [because I was in a bad mood with stupid questions, and the teacher. I thought I would give them something else to read apart from correct answers]
I still got 29/41 for it though. I think that's a low B :'D
But I never do good on ISAs tho.
I had an exam that I couldn't be ****** with which had a source from the daily mail (which I can't abide) so I just spent the whole essay ripping it out of the daily mail... and got a C which I was quite proud of considering all I did was rip the piss out of a newspaper :biggrin:
Not an exam, but when applying for my work experience 2 years ago, I had to fill in why I wanted to go to the place which I did, which was a solicitor's office.

I wrote that I was interested in soliciting.

My 'boss' for the week had a chat with me when I was there, and calmly explained that soliciting did not mean interested in solicitors, but that it was actually a form of prostitution.

Shame. :sadnod:
Reply 119
truthandtragedy
Not an exam, but when applying for my work experience 2 years ago, I had to fill in why I wanted to go to the place which I did, which was a solicitor's office.

I wrote that I was interested in soliciting.

My 'boss' for the week had a chat with me when I was there, and calmly explained that soliciting did not mean interested in solicitors, but that it was actually a form of prostitution.

Shame. :sadnod:

lmao!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending