The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. Everyone, I repeat, everyone hates THE SNIFFER!!!!
RockingHorse
I know, its too nerve racking to eat beforehand!

AAAAHHH! vimto chews! they are my absolutement favourite!

I know :frown:! I went into the newsagents when i got home but they didn't have any. I think they might have them in the shops up at uni.
haha checking peoples tissues for notes, that sounds like a fun job :p:
i'm pretty sure that if you're not allowed them, invigilators should supply them? We have had a big box at the front of our exam hall
cathylg18
Ive got a GCSE tomorrow and i want to bring in tissues becasue i really dont want a runny nose to distract me!
Are you allowed or will someone inspect them for notes?

No, you aren't.
You're just gonna have to swallow it all. :rolleyes:

Lol of course you can. Just don't use it to cheat or... well, you'll be disqualified :rolleyes:
Reply 24
i dno actually. I noticed from January my college said that anyone who wanted to bring water bottles into an exam needed to remove the labels, because I think there were reported cases of people writing stuff on them. But I guess teachers give you tissues in an exam.
Yeah you can bring tissues in (:
It's practically the only thing my school allows xD We have to remove labels from water bottles and are only allowed water, have to be wearing appropriate shoes and uniform and have to be scanned with metal detectors before we enter the hall.
If my school allow tissues, I'm sure no other schools will have a problem with it
Good luck with your exams (:
Take some benadryl or something beforehand if it's hayfever. Don't worry; I've never been told off.
Yeah but I believe they shouldn't be in the packet :smile:

Just like water bottles shouldn't have the label on.
Our college explicitly told us we can't bring tissues! And naturally I have a cold... I'm bringing tissues anyway.:ninja:
It's taking the cheating thing too far! I'm not going to wait 5 minutes for an invigilator (sp?) when I'm going to need to be writing as fast as I can. And sniffing annoys me so I'd be annoying myself if I had no tissues!
I've always taken tissues in and had no problems. If you're in doubt put them in your pocket and only use them when no invigilators are watching you :wink:

I'm sure it'll be fine though :smile:
OMG people have brought food in?! Awesome! I've never heard of anyone bringing anything in but an unlabelled bottle of water and stuff they need for an exam! We should totally bring vodka disguised as water.
I always take them in and I have wondered whether it was allowed but no-one has ever said anything to me. Mainly cos I was dabbing my nose and umm yeah.
Take them in but make sure the invigilator knows
I used to just scrunch up my exam paper and blow my nose on it - sometimes I even got a mark for it.
Reply 34
Lol, im sure it wont be that bad
Take them in, in a clear plastic bag. Nothing with writing on it! Also, if they ask to look at them then stand there a sniff a lot to make them feel sorry for you.
sweetdarling
I know :frown:! I went into the newsagents when i got home but they didn't have any. I think they might have them in the shops up at uni.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.:biggrin:
Reply 37
We're not allowed to take sweets in, tissues are fine though i guess cause they're plain white so it'd be pretty hard to put notes for cheating on them without someone noticing.
Reply 38
Why don't you "accidently" sneeze on the invigilator to show him/her the importance of tissues in the exam hall
Reply 39
cathylg18
Ive got a GCSE tomorrow and i want to bring in tissues becasue i really dont want a runny nose to distract me!
Are you allowed or will someone inspect them for notes?

I always have even in the RE exam I had this week. Nothing happened.. I never even thought about it lol:

Latest