The Student Room Group
Reply 1
alot of it is repeated in more detail, last year for AS all the physical geography I had learned before lower down school, but for A level its all basically brand new so you'd be alright with that. I read earlier someone on here had done Geog AS without GCSE so obviously it can be done!
Reply 2
Someone in my class does AS Level Geography without doing it at GCSE and they are fine.
Reply 3
Ok, so would it still be possible to get an A grade in Geography at A level without doing the GCSE if you put in a lot of hard work, or would it be more likely that you got a B grade?
Reply 4
Depends on the school/VI form/college as to whether they will let you.

It won't make a difference at all really. All it means is that you might not have heard about "ox-bow lakes" (for example) before but you'll have to learn about them anyway (in more depth than at GCSE) so it shouldn't make a difference at all :smile:
You'll be fine, you still have every chance of getting an A. When studying topics to A level detail, my teacher reintroduced us to the GCSE stuff just as a quick recap, and that's all you'll really need. You may have trouble when beginning some of the physical stuff but just have a quick look through the BBC Bitesize Geography GCSE section if you're feeling a bit unsure.

Latest