The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dan_iel_2000
euarne...you said you chose hugh stewart as second choice. Can you choose specific halls within the University Park campus? I'd love a room at Hugh Stewart...its right next to the economics building and the library.

I'm happy there are lots of international students going to notts. I'm living in Brazil right now and have lived in Hong Kong, London and Livepool before. Can't wait to go to notts!! When do you guys do your exams or do you already have the grades?

nope you cant chose...its all in my head! i just want to be there... :redface: :biggrin: so you like the library do you? hehe. well i am pretty scared after traumatic library experiences. my sixth form librarian HATED me and everytime i walked through the library (ok it was a short cut) she would ask me to keep quite even though i made NO noise! :frown:

i have an unconditional so i have my grades! yippeeee! me cant wait for notts toooooooooo...lol
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
~euarne~
nope you cant chose...its all in my head! i just want to be there... :redface: :biggrin: so you like the library do you? hehe. well i am pretty scared after traumatic library experiences. my sixth form librarian HATED me and everytime i walked through the library (ok it was a short cut) she would ask me to keep quite even though i made NO noise! :frown:

i have an unconditional so i have my grades! yippeeee! me cant wait for notts toooooooooo...lol

Haha funny library stories. Yeah I guess I like the library for some odd reason. It's ideal to be close to that...lets just hope we are able to get the books we want...

Lucky you have the grades already. I'm working really hard right now. I am doing exams tomorrow, all of next week and then have the occasional exam later on in the month.
Reply 22
~euarne~
iris i am DEAD sure you wouldnt be lonely. hehe. Hugh Stewart is my second choice for i am ready to get over the loads of people phobia in lieu of the architecture. Ancaster is the farthest from QMC but some guy i know there disagrees and thinks its the best hall. Willoughby has loads of stairs and knowing my attitude to exercise you already know what i think :p: . although nightingale would be nice...it has a lift :rolleyes: and its quite close to the main library i think.

i have lived at SO many different places that i sometimes wake up and think 'am i on earth' :biggrin: ! lol. countries include north america, india, germany, switzerland, holland. but mostly london - so accents are pretty alright. and you dont really need to travel to that many places for london itself has a HUGE mixture of people. only thing i am worried about is that in future say i am talking to a patient and they have a different accent and i start talking in that. hopefully they dont think that i am paranoid and mocking them :redface:

Rahul - yeah i am sure ALL of us would be up for drinks. i was thinking the ARK and probably early on sunday or something. just after we get in, for the rest of the day would get pretty busy with the welcome speech and all that if the last year's itinerary is anything to go by.

whos Ken??? :redface: sorry i appear clueless at moments (make that ALL the time)! i love meeting new people and get over the new thing by chatting utter rubbish. it helps i suppose! FB all the way for me hopefully - and it is only for unconditionals that they inform in a couple of weeks :smile: sorry. you guys have to wait till you get your grade am afraid.
xxx

Yep Ken has already waved at you so you know who he is! :biggrin:

Yeh I still like to stick with people I know, despite the fact that meeting new people is well exciting! And it'd be easier for late night chatting if we all end up in the same hall :biggrin: Lol I did consider Willoughby and Ancaster but I thought why not Florence Boot when that has the lake and it's the same distance from QMC anyway? It's either Flo Boot or Cripps for me - Cripps simply cus I saw some pics and I like Cripps better :biggrin:

Wow you have been around indeed! - I've only ever lived in 4 places :rolleyes: 8 years in HK, half a year in Exeter, a year and a half in Plymouth, and so far, 7 years in Peterborough :smile: hence I'm only really used to southern-eastern accents and Chinese accents :biggrin:
Reply 23
Sigh, i randomly still get coldfeet about leaving Canada! Are any internationals (canadians speak up!) attending Notts for Law in September? If so, why are you leaving your homeland...and are you planning on settling in England once you finish?

-Rahul
Reply 24
Sofa King
:hello: :shakehand

sorry!!!! :hello:
Reply 25
~euarne~
sorry!!!! :hello:

No problem :biggrin:

hope to see u in a few months! which halls (if any) have u specified a preference? I put down FB :p:
rahul.parmar
Sigh, i randomly still get coldfeet about leaving Canada! Are any internationals (canadians speak up!) attending Notts for Law in September? If so, why are you leaving your homeland...and are you planning on settling in England once you finish?

-Rahul

Hey rahul...I'm not studying law but I'm an international student and I think you need some confidence in what your about to do. It certainly is hard leaving your home country to live in England. I am sure you'll find tons of other international students to hang out with. Your going to the best of the best in terms of UK Law uni's...don't worry you'll be fine!!! As for after university you'll have time to plan that, if you feel you want to go back to Canada to work I'm sure your degree will be well received.
Reply 27
Why do the internationals have to find other internationals? Be friends with meee
Reply 28
mousey
Why do the internationals have to find other internationals? Be friends with meee

me too! i THINK i am friendly enough :biggrin:
Reply 29
Internationals have to find other internationals because... I'm guessing cus they would understand better how scary it really is - cus I must say I for one have no idea how scary it must be, cus I've forgotten it - it was 10 years ago since I left HK!

They just have to settle down, that's all :smile:

But hey internationals, yeh be friends with meeee as well! :marchmell

And Rahul - hey it's not like you're gonna back out of going to Nottingham Uni now, are you? - so what's the point of worrying? - it's scary now but you won't regret it! I certainly love the fact that I live in England! :smile:
Reply 30
Actualy, i still have my spot at Western and am currently leaning towards staying there and then applying to law school in the states and Canada. I dont think im ready to settle down in England on my own just yet...its a large difference.

Still letting the whole option swirl around in my head before i decide anything!
Reply 31
mousey

Generally, it seems to be that the internationals from other english speaking countries fit in quite well with everyone else, where as those whose first language isn't english seem to cling together more, so maybe it's a language/culture thing?
I think everyone can get on along just fine. I just said international students because they are in the same position as rahul. I am friends with everyone! Got friends from all over the place and that includes UK people too. I'm actually a Brit living in Brazil.
Reply 33
Frances
Generally, it seems to be that the internationals from other english speaking countries fit in quite well with everyone else, where as those whose first language isn't english seem to cling together more, so maybe it's a language/culture thing?

Yeh probably a culture/language thing. My friend, who's Chinese, have said before like she feels closer with other Chinese people - I have no idea why tbh - she has English friends as well, of course, but it does seem like a culture thing yeh.

I can hardly speak Chinese anymore anyway I'd feel strange having to speak it without a single word in English! Yeh, if I ever visit my relatives in HK I'd end up speaking in English but I'd feel like I was showing off or something :frown: English is just SO much easier to speak! - and it's not my first language lol.
Reply 34
rahul.parmar
Actualy, i still have my spot at Western and am currently leaning towards staying there and then applying to law school in the states and Canada. I dont think im ready to settle down in England on my own just yet...its a large difference.

Still letting the whole option swirl around in my head before i decide anything!

:frown:
Come Nottingham! :tsr:

Latest

Trending

Trending