The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey im doing the same, revisions going pretty slow at the minute, ive just been doing summarys of all the books ive read and why they relate to identity etc. are you doing worlds wife by carol ann duffy for poetry?
Yup I'm doing that exam and struggle for modern identity too. I have psychology today so I'm concentrating on that, but I'll be revising for this exam from tomorrow hopefully! I feel a bit unsure about it to be honest :s-smilie:
Reply 3
kitcat
hey im doing the same, revisions going pretty slow at the minute, ive just been doing summarys of all the books ive read and why they relate to identity etc. are you doing worlds wife by carol ann duffy for poetry?

I'm doing Maya Angelou - And Still I Rise =/
At least your revision is going better than mine! Lol; I've just been writing down key quotes, trying to remember them!
Reply 4
milliondollarcorpse
Yup I'm doing that exam and struggle for modern identity too. I have psychology today so I'm concentrating on that, but I'll be revising for this exam from tomorrow hopefully! I feel a bit unsure about it to be honest :s-smilie:

OMG same! :frown: Let's hope Psychology goes well and is just out of the way! I'm gonna try start revising properly tonight; I need all the time i can get :p:
Reply 5
ive not thought about that! good idea.
the hardest thing about the exam for me is structuring my answer, i find it quite difficult, i just throw everything down on the page not in any order its not good!
what plays have you studied?
and do you know how many percent the coursework counts for? im not sure..
what did you get in your coursework?
Reply 6
kitcat
ive not thought about that! good idea.
the hardest thing about the exam for me is structuring my answer, i find it quite difficult, i just throw everything down on the page not in any order its not good!
what plays have you studied?
and do you know how many percent the coursework counts for? im not sure..
what did you get in your coursework?

I know exactly what you mean! My teacher only recently just told us how to structure the wider reading section! Apparently you should analyse the extract for half of your essay and then link it to other texts for the other half?
Plays- Dancing At Lughnasa, Deah Of A Salesman, Mother Courage (extract), -In class
A Streetcar Named Desire - At home
Coursework is worth 40%
I had to do The Color Purple and Top Girls (boy was that boring...lol)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=888593

The above thread is dedicated to this exam, post all of your worries etc in there, if you like.

Latest