The Student Room Group

How hard is it to do 100 kick-ups?

How hard is it to do 100 kick-ups?
I've set as a goal for summer to be able to do 100 keepie-ups. I'm not very good at football, never have been.

I'm 19 years old and have generally good coordination and fitness. Is this a realistic goal?
Once I can do 100, is 500 easy to do?

Any tips? :smile:
Thanks all,
James

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not hard at all. If you can do 20 then you can do 100. It just takes practice. It's not really an achievement, mind. If you want to learn it for a specific reason then fair enough but if you're wanting to get better at football then I'd suggest you concentrate on other things and play a lot of matches.
Reply 2
farhan
Not hard at all. If you can do 20 then you can do 100. It just takes practice.

I can't do 20. :no:
If I have a couple of goes I can do 10.

In short though, you reckon this is pretty achievable?

edit: do you get paid every time someone clicks your sigs? XD
Reply 3
M_E_X
I can't do 20.
If I have a couple of goes I can do 10.

In short though, you reckon this is pretty achievable?

edit: do you get paid every time someone clicks your sigs? XD
I edited my above post :tongue:

Yeah it is definitely achievable... Just practice a lot. Kick it so it's reachable for your next kick. Don't kick it too high - kick it only a few inches up.

LOL, yeah, like 0.0001 of a penny. I just use it as my image hosting site as it's the best so I'm not really bothered about the small pennies.
Reply 4
Once you get used to the ball anything's possible.
Reply 5
farhan
I edited my above post :tongue:

Yeah it is definitely achievable...

LOL, yeah, like 0.0001 of a penny. I just use it as my image hosting site as it's the best so I'm not really bothered about the small pennies.

I'm not really hoping to become excellent at football - just a bit better. I don't really have the facility to play "loads of matches", but I reckon this is something I can do a bit on my own whilst my mates are still at uni or whatever.
I reckon it must help a bit as well, with ball control if nothing else.

But yeah - I know some of you guys here will be able to rattle out 100 no problem, but equally many people on TSR won't have been outside since last Thursday. It's all relative :p: .
Reply 6
piss easy
Just have to concentrate. Back in year 7, the number of kick ups you could do was basically a reflection on how good a player everyone thought you were, but in reality, it doesn't mean very much at all.
Once you've been playing football for a while it becomes second nature. The best I ever done was about 600, but you start to lose focus in your eyes lol. The key is not kicking the ball too hard, just little taps des it. Alternating feet, make sure you can use both feet. Doing it with just one leg will just make it unneccessarily tiring. I played football pretty much all my life up to 16 so you don't really think about it. With a bit of practice you should be able to do it no probs.
I could easily do 100, but 500 is a big leap up. Try to stagger your goals out better ie 100, 200, 500, instead of leaping straight to 500 from 100. Good luck with it.
bigman_ben
Just have to concentrate. Back in year 7, the number of kick ups you could do was basically a reflection on how good a player everyone thought you were, but in reality, it doesn't mean very much at all.

Shows you have more control over the ball. If you can't do many and keep cocking up, I'd say the person that can do more would be a better player in general. Of course there is alot of other factors.
Reply 11
Yeah its pretty easy, though I have been playing football for a long time. Just comes with practise, like anything else.
neverstandstill
Shows you have more control over the ball. If you can't do many and keep cocking up, I'd say the person that can do more would be a better player in general. Of course there is alot of other factors.

Yeh there are a lot of other factors, controlling the ball is one thing but the main factor above any other in football is the decision you make once you have the ball with what to do with it. Being able to control a pass without the ball bouncing 5 yards off your foot is a much more valuable skill where actual matchplay is concerned.
Reply 13
I can do about 40-50 which is not bad for a girl I guess.

Will try and get to 100 soonish.
Reply 14
celticfcz
I can do about 40-50 which is not bad for a girl I guess.

Will try and get to 100 soonish.

You sound a lot better than me then! :P:
Have you got any tips for when I'm first starting out? Should I always alternate feet? (ie left right left...)
Reply 15
M_E_X
You sound a lot better than me then! :P:
Have you got any tips for when I'm first starting out? Should I always alternate feet? (ie left right left...)

Well when I first started out I could only use my right foot. Like everytime the ball moved to my left and I went to kick it, it would just fly off somewhere. But it honestly just takes practise and I started incorporating my left foot in slowly like hitting it once with my left foot then going back quickly to the right foot so it didnt drop and with time I just got it.

But I'd suggest doing maybe one or 2 on your stronger foot then move along and do it on your other. The trick is to always tap the ball lightly to make sure you've always got it under control.

Hope that helps even slightly lol!
Reply 16
celticfcz
Well when I first started out I could only use my right foot. Like everytime the ball moved to my left and I went to kick it, it would just fly off somewhere. But it honestly just takes practise and I started incorporating my left foot in slowly like hitting it once with my left foot then going back quickly to the right foot so it didnt drop and with time I just got it.

But I'd suggest doing maybe one or 2 on your stronger foot then move along and do it on your other. The trick is to always tap the ball lightly to make sure you've always got it under control.

Hope that helps even slightly lol!

That's great :smile: Thanks so much!
If I get stuck I'll message you, haha.

James
Reply 17
M_E_X
That's great :smile: Thanks so much!
If I get stuck I'll message you, haha.

James

Haha no worries - I'll be your girl :wink:
Reply 18
Depends what type of keepie ups you want to do? Straight forward ones using both feet, thighs and head is easy to do 100. But if you want to show-off using back of your head/neck, outside of legs etc then its not easy..
Reply 19
One thing Ive always wanted to do with the keepie-uppies but never managed it - when you hit the ball up and then put your foot around it and get it when its gone back down again! Any tips on this? Its really bugging me cause I just cant do it!

Quick Reply

Latest