The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
pas1376
Lol time was ok for me to be honest and considering I spent 10 mins panicking about wat physio. . . was. I was confuzzled by physio and psycho but thankfully I did write about Benzodiazipines and beta blockers so thats gd :smile:
And I agree with mya369 I was a little lost by how to expand the answer :s-smilie:
But I quite liked the paper the questions were nice and I knew most of the stuff.
Sazzy for the mental health one I wrote about having autonomy, and mastery of the environment. But yeah self-actualisation is def. one but I dunno about empathising :s-smilie:

lol i also spent 10 minutes going back to the question about the physio managements trying to figure out it it was the therapies or the drugs and biofeedback. Relief when i come to my senses hehe exam pressure :yes:

the stress section was a golden ticket i thought it werent a bad paper in all, the bigger markers could of been at lot worse

fingers crossed :smile: good luck all
Reply 41
I wrote about why people obey, but howww were you meant to evaluate it?!

Also, in the Paula question did you write all about daily hassles (Delongis etc)? Because I wrote all about stress and the immune system (HPA, t-cells and b-cells, antigens, immunosupressive effect etc).. as the question did say "Suggest why Paula may be feeling unwell".
How many marks was this question?
Reply 42
it was about four i think.

Just to reassure those who mis-read the ten marker like I did, I got this email from my teacher:
Hello Sarah,

Thank you for letting me know how you got on. I was thinking about you all, all day. Don't worry, - I think you should be fine given that you managed the rest of the questions. Sounds OK to me and these things happen under exam pressure. I am confident that you will have done well. Hope the rest of your exams go well.

Hopefully we will all be panicing for nothing

xxx
Reply 43
Lol Sarah your teacher sounds really nice. My teacher was hilarious about the exam on Wed. I just happened to get to the lesson after early and he walked in and started questioning me about it and I basically said it was alright, nothing to get too stressed over; then the rest of my class walked in. By the end I thought he might actually cry :s-smilie:
Poor guy lol, when he finds out that a lot of people in my class did the psych instead of physio.. I might as well just hand him a noose lol. He is adorable though so . . . here's hoping he'll be outwardly calm :s-smilie:
And if its 50/72 to get an A, no one should stress even if they did completely muck that up, you still have 12 marks to play with.

It would be ironic if everyone in our year somehow managed to get an A lol. . . . (well a girl can dream :smile: )

xxx
Reply 44
pas1376
Lol Sarah your teacher sounds really nice. My teacher was hilarious about the exam on Wed. I just happened to get to the lesson after early and he walked in and started questioning me about it and I basically said it was alright, nothing to get too stressed over; then the rest of my class walked in. By the end I thought he might actually cry :s-smilie:
Poor guy lol, when he finds out that a lot of people in my class did the psych instead of physio.. I might as well just hand him a noose lol. He is adorable though so . . . here's hoping he'll be outwardly calm :s-smilie:
And if its 50/72 to get an A, no one should stress even if they did completely muck that up, you still have 12 marks to play with.

It would be ironic if everyone in our year somehow managed to get an A lol. . . . (well a girl can dream :smile: )

xxx

I really don't think it will be 50 for an A :s-smilie: Thats a bit too optimistic.. or so it seems. Yes, she is nice, she bought us gingerbread men the lesson before the exam :smile: Hopefully things will be fine, I'm over the initial horror now. Just have to learn from it. Good luck everybody.xxx
Reply 45
Gingerbread . . .:'( We got a pleaseeee don't fail lmao.
And yeah i do think 50 is a bit . . . low for an A, but having read the answers some people put to questions I feel the grade boundaries may be lowered lol.
Good luck to you too :smile: xx
Hey,

the 12 marker asked to outline and evaluate why people obey. i was confused because the outline part is about the role of buffers, gradual commitment and agentic shift. I also threw in proximity to authority figure. 12 mark questions are usually 6 marks for outling and 6 for evaluating so i didn't bother writing more as that was no doubt enough for the 6 outlined, but does anyone know how your supposed to evaluate that?

i believe the 10 marker you could only write about anti-anxiety drugs (BZ and BB). It said to discuss, so you could evaluate it and compare it to other stress managment methods like SIT by saying SIT is more expensive and time consuming etc.

for Paula the 1 mark was daily hassles. The 4 marker i started explaining about the effects of stress on the immune system with refrence to psychological research (kiecolt-glasier) thus explaining getting headaches and stuff.

For the question about what method was used in conformity research (or something like that) i mentioned Lab experiment, more specifically Asch's study.

these are just what me and my friend thought the answers were (we both got 90+ in Jan one) if you want to discuss other questions i'll be happy to.
is it not 80% to get an A in this paper and so that would mean you need 58/72..allowing a total drop of 14 marks...?
Reply 48
TanishaBellum
is it not 80% to get an A in this paper and so that would mean you need 58/72..allowing a total drop of 14 marks...?

That makes more sense... unfortunately.

xx
yeah unfortunately...but i suppose altogether you could get an A if you dropped less marks on the first paper..as if you kind of banked some...im scared...and shocked at how psychology is like over...that was so fast.
Reply 50
so glad I didn't misread anything
I talked about classical and operant conditioning and the assumptions of behaviour...enough for a 4 marker i think:smile:
Ye i thought the paper was okay, the long questions were okay, it was the shorter ones that threw me! like that outline one method of conformity, and it was only worth 2 marks for explaining about an experiment... i chose Asch's line expermiment, hope that was right! what did everyone else write for that one?
Reply 52
I did Agency theory... in so much deatail I ran out of space. Was going to do charisma theory as well but never mind :smile:
sophiedior7
Ye i thought the paper was okay, the long questions were okay, it was the shorter ones that threw me! like that outline one method of conformity, and it was only worth 2 marks for explaining about an experiment... i chose Asch's line expermiment, hope that was right! what did everyone else write for that one?

yeah i also wrote about the asch experiment....basically outlining the procedures of it and what findings would show about conformity...then i went on to evaluate/give limitations and improvements on the next part....
im worried because a lot of people chose to write about Sheriffs Autokinetic effect and i did think of that initially but decided to go with Asch as i couldnt elaborate much on the limitation part....hmmm....dont know reallyy...:confused:
Reply 54
lol its ok I don't usually dip below 85% in practise tests (which sadly/ luckily - we have done a lot of)

And yeah I wrote about Asch as well :smile: And for the problem thingy I wrote about how they could be placed under a lot of pressure by not conforming/conforming therefore they might suffer with psych. harm . . . thus in the next question I wrote about debriefing etc.

I am kinda gonna miss this year of psych but can't wait for the next one :smile:
Reply 55
What was the 10 mark question? I don't remember that one! I hope I didn't miss a page by mistake?
Reply 56
Lol, just realised you guys are alking about last years paper thank goodess!
ahh whats this 10 mark question bout drugs people are going on bout??? *doesnt remember and now is very scared* lool. I thought it wasn't too bad, but a little ambiguous at times
Reply 58
cookiecrisp
ahh whats this 10 mark question bout drugs people are going on bout??? *doesnt remember and now is very scared* lool. I thought it wasn't too bad, but a little ambiguous at times

You did exactually what I did, read this thread and panicked my arse off! Luckily, as i'm guess you have realised by now, they are talking about a paper from last year, not the one we sat the other day!
Like you, I thought the paper wasn't actually that bad and the 12 mark question on the immune system was one I had revised lots for luckily!
Hope you do well, I have my second A2 at the end of the month as doing the full A level in one year. Fingers crossed for some good questions!
stankonia
You did exactually what I did, read this thread and panicked my arse off! Luckily, as i'm guess you have realised by now, they are talking about a paper from last year, not the one we sat the other day!
Like you, I thought the paper wasn't actually that bad and the 12 mark question on the immune system was one I had revised lots for luckily!
Hope you do well, I have my second A2 at the end of the month as doing the full A level in one year. Fingers crossed for some good questions!

phew thanks XD And good luck on your A2 one :smile: wish i'd done it in a year, but then not sure how I've done so was probably good I didnt XD.

Latest

Trending

Trending