The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

deeznutztatseguuuud
Id probably say the country 'Niger'.

:rofl:
Reply 21
Antonia87
Having been to Scotland many a time to visit family, I have been subjected to the odd foul term or dirty look for being English. Then they often try to pass it off as a joke.
I remember one time I was in a bar with my Scottish cousin and his friend said "So you're from England?" I replied "Yeah", to which he then said "Feckin' English".

I'm not surprised. It could've been much worse like in the case of this poor girl:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7826264.stm

Many do seem to have anti-English sentiments for some reason. Like those SNP morons.
Reply 22
Japan isnt as racist as it is fascinated by white people. I've never been, only been told that if you're white and walk down the street people stare at you confused. The country has a very deep rooted culture when it comes to etiquette, fitting in, obeying rules, rules for the sake of rules, when they see a white guy walk down the street eating a sandwich it looks odd, they never eat and walk. A lot of it isnt particularly racism, more confusion of other cultures unless they've been outside their island and seen parts of the world.

Spain is fairly racist at least when it comes to sport.

Ireland isnt particularly racist but its very white, you have a lot of chinese but the easily the biggest immigrants these days I would say would be polish, who are white. I never met a black man and spoke to one until I moved to England, no joke.
Reply 23
Jim-ie
Japan isnt as racist as it is fascinated by white people. I've never been, only been told that if you're white and walk down the street people stare at you confused. The country has a very deep rooted culture when it comes to etiquette, fitting in, obeying rules, rules for the sake of rules, when they see a white guy walk down the street eating a sandwich it looks odd, they never eat and walk. A lot of it isnt particularly racism, more confusion of other cultures unless they've been outside their island and seen parts of the world.

Spain is fairly racist at least when it comes to sport.

Ireland isnt particularly racist but its very white, you have a lot of chinese but the easily the biggest immigrants these days I would say would be polish, who are white. I never met a black man and spoke to one until I moved to England, no joke.

I'm not into football really but I've heard this, my knowledge isn't great but I do know that a lot of Spanish clubs have black players, often world class. So do their own fans boo them and insult them with monkey chants? :confused:

Anyway, India is rather racist.
Reply 24
dave180
Why is everyone saying Spain? Sure, there's racism existent there, surely Italy is much more racist? They do Nazi salutes at football games, for chrissake.

I agree. I've been to Barcelona and it was one of the best holidays I've had.

Oh and I want to had that although I haven't been to and don't plan to go, israel with their ethnic cleansing of arabs, india with the subjugation of muslims and dalits and russia with the rising neo-nazi and white supremacist cultures all seem like the overall worst by far.

Indians all seem to have an obession with white skin too. Many of these people judge each other based on how fair their skins is, it's truly sickening and very hypocritical. On one hand they claim to hate pakistanis and on the other they want to look like us by obtaining a fairer complexion by using skin whiteners.
Reply 25
Racism exists in all countries and it would be very difficult to measure the most racist one.
OP having lived in Leeds all my life, being one of the most culturally diverse cities in the UK I could say that everyone is pretty much accepting of each other. And you bastard for saying ''white trash'' your being racist yourself.
Reply 27
i think somalia is the most racist country!
Reply 28
S.C.M.
I'm not into football really but I've heard this, my knowledge isn't great but I do know that a lot of Spanish clubs have black players, often world class. So do their own fans boo them and insult them with monkey chants? :confused:

Anyway, India is rather racist.

Sometimes yes. Eto'o who plays for Barcelona got it so bad he was ready to leave the pitch in protest. I suppose its the same as England in the 80s, if they're doing the job for your team you'll cheer them, if they're playing for another team they'll get abuse.
i dont quite understand how you can say which country is the most racist... its down to people, it depends on whether they vocalise or even act out their racist thoughts.
Reply 30
Antonia87
Having been to Scotland many a time to visit family, I have been subjected to the odd foul term or dirty look for being English. Then they often try to pass it off as a joke.
I remember one time I was in a bar with my Scottish cousin and his friend said "So you're from England?" I replied "Yeah", to which he then said "Feckin' English".

Sounds like he was kidding. The Scots give as good as get, but obviously they're all ********* up there so we can't be certain.

OP, you're brown trash.
bete noire
Apparently Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries

Yeah but they dont hate people based on the colour of their skin, they hate people because they're foreign :biggrin:
Is scotland really that racist? :frown:
I'm a brown asian and I have to say I make many racist comments towards the white people in my school hahaha...of course in non-serious, jokey way...it's always a good laugh.

Oh and they are never racist to me hahahahaha Oh the power I have gained from racism!!!
south africa hands down
Reply 35
Austria absolutely deep rooted racism - I`ve heard
Reply 36
I'm Asian and I've only encountered overt racism in London. A tramp bumped into me on the Underground, and called me a "****ing Paki b*stard".

I don't know about the most racist country, but the least is probably one of the Scandinavian ones.
Reply 37
DiamondsAreForever
OP having lived in Leeds all my life, being one of the most culturally diverse cities in the UK I could say that everyone is pretty much accepting of each other. And you bastard for saying ''white trash'' your being racist yourself.

I said near leeds. It was a crappy little town called garforth, and this was 10 years ago before the current wave of immigration really hit the place.
Reply 38
zimbabwe
Reply 39
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
I'm a brown asian and I have to say I make many racist comments towards the white people in my school hahaha...of course in non-serious, jokey way...it's always a good laugh.

Oh and they are never racist to me hahahahaha Oh the power I have gained from racism!!!

Yeah, banter is OK. I think it's natural. Someone always takes it too far though.

Latest

Trending

Trending