The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
GioGoi
Sí, de echo, terminé mis exámenes de AS hace una semana. Ahora he empezado estudiando para los "A2" Levels..por ejemplo, las películas de Almodovar ¿Las has visto?

Visitará la universidad de Birmingham la semana que viene!

Ahhh, bien!! Jaja, sí, he visto algunos de sus películas!! Son muy extranos!

Oooh, creo que le gustará! Es una universidad fantástica!
Reply 61
GioGoi
las películas de Almodovar :eek: ¿Las has visto?

Me encanta Almodovar!!

GioGoi
Tres lenguas muy diferentes (y probablemente sean muy dificiles!). Me encanta aprendiendo de nuevas idomas pero nada se compara al Español :woo:

Si muyyy dificiles! Pero el clave (segun mi profesora) es 'estar un poco loca', y si fuera correcto, no tendria problemas! :woo:
Reply 62
Jacinta
Hola guapos/guapas!!

Estudio Español 'A' Level pero estudiaré Español, Ruso, y Holandés a la universidad (pues, espero que sí!)

Are there any Russian/Dutch speakers who could give me a few tips on learning the languages or some basic vocab/grammar?

Also any German/Greek/Portuguese speakers (but this is just because I'm a language geek and want to learn them for the sakes!)

I'll give out reps!

I'm studying Spanish and Italian and I started Portuguese a few months ago for my second semester at uni. My Spanish and Italian certainly helps with Portuguese, I just wish I started it years ago.

Like you I'm a language geek, and I will be picking up French again(I studied it for 3 years aged 11-14), but my main problem with learning languages is that I want to learn too many and I feel that I may compromise my ability to excel in just one or two foreign languages. But I will persevere and hopefully I will be able to handle four languages next year(Helps a lot that they're all romance languages).
rlw31
I'm studying Spanish and Italian and I started Portuguese a few months ago for my second semester at uni. My Spanish and Italian certainly helps with Portuguese, I just wish I started it years ago.

Like you I'm a language geek, and I will be picking up French again(I studied it for 3 years aged 11-14), but my main problem with learning languages is that I want to learn too many and I feel that I may compromise my ability to excel in just one or two foreign languages. But I will persevere and hopefully I will be able to handle four languages next year(Helps a lot that they're all romance languages).

Ciao! Ho imparato l'italiano a scuola da 6 anni, settembre andró all'universitá e studieró l'italiano e lo spagnolo. Ma al momento non parlo lo spagnolo. Peró, quest'estate mi insegnero' un po'. Ho visitato la tua universitá l'anno scorso, ma (I didn't apply there) nella fine.

Hmm the accents when you press alt gr and the letter go the wrong way, I always write them the other way except on perché and benché and poiché etc..
Reply 64
Redpanda91
Ciao! Ho imparato l'italiano a scuola da 6 anni, settembre andró all'universitá e studieró l'italiano e lo spagnolo. Ma al momento non parlo lo spagnolo. Peró, quest'estate mi insegnero' un po'. Ho visitato la tua universitá l'anno scorso, ma (I didn't apply there) nella fine.

Hmm the accents when you press alt gr and the letter go the wrong way, I always write them the other way except on perché and benché and poiché etc..

Ciao! Solamento ho studiato l'italiano da 3 anni, e nel primo anno ho fatto gcse, nel secondo AS, e gia ho finito il primo annno nell'universita'. Non penso che il mio italiano sia cosi' buono che dovrebbe, perche' solo ho imparato la grammatica per superare gli esami e non ho avuto molti possibilita'/tempo per esercitarsi.

Il Italiano aiutera' molto con lo Spagnolo, sono praticamente uguali! Ma, credo che la grammatica e' piu' difficile nel Italiano, pero' questo e' probabilmente perche' ho studiato Spagnolo per 7 anni:yes:

Ho scelto la mia universita' perche' offre tante lingue. Spero che dopo la laurea parlero' Spagnolo, Italiano, Portoghese e Francese, ma non mi aspetto che parlero' il Portoghese e Francese allo stesso livello a Spagnolo e Italiano.

Yes, trying to type accents is probably the most annoying thing about learning other languages. At least with Italian you can get away with using apostrophes. Using alt gr will is good for Spanish as their accents go that way. I dread having to use them in French:frown:

Edit: I just looked at your profile, we've the same first name! Also, I got an offer from Leicester as well, though I pretty much fell in love with Portsmouth.
rlw31
Ciao! Solamento ho studiato l'italiano da 3 anni, e nel primo anno ho fatto gcse, nel secondo AS, e gia ho finito il primo annno nell'universita'. Non penso che il mio italiano sia cosi' buono che dovrebbe, perche' solo ho imparato la grammatica per superare gli esami e non ho avuto molti possibilita'/tempo per esercitarsi.

Il Italiano aiutera' molto con lo Spagnolo, sono praticamente uguali! Ma, credo che la grammatica e' piu' difficile nel Italiano, pero' questo e' probabilmente perche' ho studiato Spagnolo per 7 anni:yes:

Ho scelto la mia universita' perche' offre tante lingue. Spero che dopo la laurea parlero' Spagnolo, Italiano, Portoghese e Francese, ma non mi aspetto che parlero' il Portoghese e Francese allo stesso livello a Spagnolo e Italiano.

Yes, trying to type accents is probably the most annoying thing about learning other languages. At least with Italian you can get away with using apostrophes. Using alt gr will is good for Spanish as their accents go that way. I dread having to use them in French:frown:

Edit: I just looked at your profile, we've the same first name! Also, I got an offer from Leicester as well, though I pretty much fell in love with Portsmouth.

Penso che il tuo italiano sia bravo, specialmente quando considero che hai imparato solo da 3 anni! Si, ho sentito che c'e' molto grammatica nel primo anno d'universita' perché deve ottenere il livello di "A-level" rapidamente.

Nel futuro vorrei essere correntemente anche in francese perché lo studievo da 3 anni, ma ho dimenticato molto! Pero', lo capisco abbastanza bene ancora. Mehh ho fatto molti errori oggi perché sono stanca :p:

Oh cool we have the same first name, that means Rachels and languages must go together, clearly :p: I've yet to find any other linguists coming to Leicester, I'm sure there will be a few of us though!
Reply 66
Right, I completely forgot my Italian despite having studied it for 5 years, but I'm pretty sure you should say "Ho studiato l'italiano solamente da 3 anni" instead of putting "solamente" at the start of the sentence. It's a mistake that English people often do in French, and since both languages are similar in terms of grammar, I think it's reacts the same.
Reply 67
Redpanda91
Penso che il tuo italiano sia bravo, specialmente quando considero che hai imparato solo da 3 anni! Si, ho sentito che c'e' molto grammatica nel primo anno d'universita' perché deve ottenere il livello di "A-level" rapidamente.

Nel futuro vorrei essere correntemente anche in francese perché lo studievo da 3 anni, ma ho dimenticato molto! Pero', lo capisco abbastanza bene ancora. Mehh ho fatto molti errori oggi perché sono stanca :p:

Oh cool we have the same first name, that means Rachels and languages must go together, clearly :p: I've yet to find any other linguists coming to Leicester, I'm sure there will be a few of us though!

Grazie mille!

Good luck with your degree at Leicester!
Reply 68
Anatheme
Right, I completely forgot my Italian despite having studied it for 5 years, but I'm pretty sure you should say "Ho studiato l'italiano solamente da 3 anni" instead of putting "solamente" at the start of the sentence. It's a mistake that English people often do in French, and since both languages are similar in terms of grammar, I think it's reacts the same.

Thanks, that one of the things that I struggle with, particularly with Italian.
Anatheme

Yeah that's right, I was in a bit of a hurry to do corrections earlier... Your italian is clearly still up to scratch :biggrin:
Reply 70
Jacinta
Hola guapos/guapas!!

Estudio Español 'A' Level pero estudiaré Español, Ruso, y Holandés a la universidad (pues, espero que sí!)

Are there any Russian/Dutch speakers who could give me a few tips on learning the languages or some basic vocab/grammar?

Also any German/Greek/Portuguese speakers (but this is just because I'm a language geek and want to learn them for the sakes!)

I'll give out reps!

I learnt dutch, it's a good language. If you need any help with grammar www.dutchgrammar.com is REALLY amazing
Reply 71
Necesito practicar mi Español
Reply 72
J'ai besion d'une explication des 'cases' en Russe, je vais l'etudier l'annee prochain a Durham - et non, je ne sais pas pourquoi aussi, c'etiat une decision un peut etrange, meme pour moi! Mais je crois que si je pourrais utiliser la langue ce soit tres bein pour un boulot bien paye dans l'avenir.

Aidez-moi s'il vous plait!
SpamBa
J'ai besion d'une explication des 'cases' en Russe, je vais l'etudier l'annee prochain a Durham - et non, je ne sais pas pourquoi aussi, c'etiat une decision un peut etrange, meme pour moi! Mais je crois que si je pourrais utiliser la langue ce soit tres bein pour un boulot bien paye dans l'avenir.

Are you talking about Russian cases? I can't read French :p:
Reply 74
thatwhichiam
Are you talking about Russian cases? I can't read French :p:

Haha yes I was asking for an explanation of what they are exactly?
SpamBa
Haha yes I was asking for an explanation of what they are exactly?

Check thy PMs :cool:
Reply 76
SpamBa

I'm afraid you're not doing Russian for the right reasons. :holmes:
You're gonna need more than the desire to get a good job to speak such a language.
EDIT: We call them "cas" and "declinaisons", en francais.
Anatheme
You're gonna need more than the desire to get a good job to speak such a language.

She also seemed quite put off by my description of what cases were :s
Reply 78
Anatheme

I'm not doing it just for the job prospects! I am interested in learning more languages and Russian looks fascinating, with regards to getting a job I only meant thats why I chose it over Italian for example. Its spoken in lots of places so gives you more to learn about in a degree course and more places you could travel to :smile:
Reply 79
thatwhichiam
She also seemed quite put off by my description of what cases were :s

Well they do sound quite a challenge, plus that was the first time they were ever explained to me properly, before I had mistakenly thought they were another word for tenses.

Latest

Trending

Trending