The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did it last year. That Mice passage was really some sort of nursery tale, I looked it up before :p:

What I did is write out the Latin, then an English translation underneath with the words in the order they appear in Latin and learnt that, then did a few bullet points at the end of each passage I did with a few important things to remember like narrative techniques.
Reply 21
acm345
on tuesday it's the easy comprehension and translation, the harder one is after half term, just learn the vocab and you'll be fine

OCR right? This is my only translation paper I think - I have verse, prose and Roman Life after half term - all of which just require memorisation.
I am currently revising for my Latin GCSE-doing Nisus and Euryalus by Virgil. I'm going to learn it off by heart and a few literary devices etc.

Does anyone do Greek GCSE? The Odyssey?? HELP!!!
Ben77mc
Does anyone have a good translation of the boudica stuff?
Mine is patchy because i was off due to family issues

I've got translations with some notes that I could send you on monday when I've got access to a scanner at school - PM an email address, and I can send them across to you :smile:
chloemo14
I've got translations with some notes that I could send you on monday when I've got access to a scanner at school - PM an email address, and I can send them across to you :smile:

Could you possibly send me that too if I PM you my email address? I'd be really, really grateful!
<3 biology!
Could you possibly send me that too if I PM you my email address? I'd be really, really grateful!

no problem - the language notes are pretty sparse but ive got fairly thorough translations for all of the caeser (druids) and tacitus (boudica) stuff, and the amor poems and nisus and euryalus for verse lit, so just let me know what you want :smile:
chloemo14
no problem - the language notes are pretty sparse but ive got fairly thorough translations for all of the caeser (druids) and tacitus (boudica) stuff, and the amor poems and nisus and euryalus for verse lit, so just let me know what you want :smile:

Thanks, I've PMed you. :smile:
Reply 27
Standard Grade is tomorrow! die.
Reply 28
Can any of you describe to me a good style point answer because no matter what i do i still cant seem to getthe right technique for them :frown:

Latest