The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chloe-Marie
Yeah, takes about 2 hours 45 from where I live!!
Ahh awesome, we both can't decide on the same places! :p:
Which accommodation do you think your heading for at the moment?

I still have no idea. Probably even less of an idea then before! Think im just gonna have a good think about it after exams!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
grace_xo
I still have no idea. Probably even less of an idea then before! Think im just gonna have a good think about it after exams!

Ahh yeah good thinking!
I've finally decided on James Baillie Park!

I've put down Concept as a second preference though in the 'Other' section.

:biggrin:
mini_quinney
Yeah I put MB as my ''second''.. you reckon that would work?

Hmmm, it might do. Who knows! :smile:

Lets hope we get in first! Hehe!
Reply 23
I still havent applied yet. 1st July is definitely the deadline right? And it won't matter when i apply aslong as i apply before then...?
Just double checking, lol.
grace_xo
I still havent applied yet. 1st July is definitely the deadline right? And it won't matter when i apply aslong as i apply before then...?
Just double checking, lol.

Yeah, 1st of July is the deadline!
It doesn't matter when you apply, as it's NOT on a first come first served basis.

:smile:
Reply 25
Chloe-Marie
Yeah, 1st of July is the deadline!
It doesn't matter when you apply, as it's NOT on a first come first served basis.

:smile:

Thank you, lol! :smile:
Reply 26
I still haven't got any idea!

im thinking its probably going to be Henry prince BUT i really want to go to Oxley it looks ace and its cheap...but its about 3.5 miles from the city centre which will probably be a problem =/

hmmmm
Reply 27
i applied for concept place but..i live near leeds and i have a car..so it would sort of make sense if the place had a car park..so im thinking of changing my mind..im not sure at all! the dental schools furthest away from most of the halls..i might just apply james bailie..any ideas?x
freshie
i applied for concept place but..i live near leeds and i have a car..so it would sort of make sense if the place had a car park..so im thinking of changing my mind..im not sure at all! the dental schools furthest away from most of the halls..i might just apply james bailie..any ideas?x

James Baillie is where it's at. :biggrin: (Hopefully anyway! :p:)
Reply 29
I haven't applied yet :s-smilie:

I did have a day of looking through the accomodation website and Google streetview-ing everything, but I need to do it again really.

As far as I remember, I was torn between Clarence Dock (because of its parking) and Concept Place (because of its location). Hmm...
Well I have had to go privately through Concept for a Studio. Since me and my GF doing double occupancy and she is going to Park Lane College nearby.

But it would be really cool if some if some freshmans would come to concept please please please! If your cluster flat m8s bug you, you can come in me and my GF's studio, I promise! :biggrin: If you would be so kind to return the favour and we will come gatecrush your cluster living area :P

Concept is like 1 year old seems really nice when I went to look all the furniture is prestinely new...

Let me know if you change your mind and go to concept, be nice to meet some Freshers since you will probably need a group where your living to go out clubbing with, so you dont walk home alone.
Reply 31
I really need to decide today..hmm. JBP or Leodis or Concept. Decisions, decisions.:confused:
Reply 32
I've just been to look at them all today...I am now stuck between JBP, Lupton, Henry Prince, Leodis and Montague Burton...Do we only have 3 days left to decide?

=/
Reply 33
Exon88
I've just been to look at them all today...I am now stuck between JBP, Lupton, Henry Prince, Leodis and Montague Burton...Do we only have 3 days left to decide?

=/

Yeah 1st July is the deadline..but i'm going on holiday tomorrow night so need to decide today! How far away were JBP and Leodis from the campus?
Reply 34
I've gone off Concept place now - the fact that it's run by UNITE and apparently gets rubbish internet were what killed it for me. Plus everyone seems to say it's unsociable.

I had a look at Carr Mills' location on Streetview and it looks like it's in the middle of an industrial estate. So I'm not sure about that.

I'm quite interested by this Opal 3 place, but it doesn't seem to have been built yet :tongue: Also, the internet is provided by another company so god knows what it'll be like.

Clarence Dock is looking like my favourite at the moment, although it's a stupid distance from the Uni.

Hmmm... :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Jondot
I've gone off Concept place now - the fact that it's run by UNITE and apparently gets rubbish internet were what killed it for me. Plus everyone seems to say it's unsociable.

I had a look at Carr Mills' location on Streetview and it looks like it's in the middle of an industrial estate. So I'm not sure about that.

I'm quite interested by this Opal 3 place, but it doesn't seem to have been built yet :tongue: Also, the internet is provided by another company so god knows what it'll be like.

Clarence Dock is looking like my favourite at the moment, although it's a stupid distance from the Uni.

Hmmm...

That put me off concept place also. Can't be doing with sloooow internet.
Reply 36
grace_xo
Yeah 1st July is the deadline..but i'm going on holiday tomorrow night so need to decide today! How far away were JBP and Leodis from the campus?

got to decide today =0....that can't be good!

Leodis is really close, a few mins walk away. JBP isn't too far either probably a 15 min walk, it's really close to headingly too which looked cool! plus JBP looks like its set in a nice place Leodis not quite as nice setting but the builiding looks nice and the distance to uni is a big plus!

Leodis = 0.33m
JBP = 1.25m

Good luck in deciding! I'm going back tmoz for another look at the place hopefully i'll be able to choose one =D
Reply 37
Exon88
got to decide today =0....that can't be good!

Leodis is really close, a few mins walk away. JBP isn't too far either probably a 15 min walk, it's really close to headingly too which looked cool! plus JBP looks like its set in a nice place Leodis not quite as nice setting but the builiding looks nice and the distance to uni is a big plus!

Leodis = 0.33m
JBP = 1.25m

Good luck in deciding! I'm going back tmoz for another look at the place hopefully i'll be able to choose one =D

Thanks for that. I'm thinking JBP at the moment. Although i'm pretty lazy and Leodis' distance to uni sounds ideal. Arggh. :confused: :eek3:
Reply 38
How does it work when you apply, then? Do you stick down a firm and and insurance so to speak, or do you just get one choice?
Reply 39
Just one choice, but you then put preferences on what's most important to you, whether you'd like en suite or not, etc.

Latest