The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

well you may get a really hairy person to share the bathroom with.... ack. Erm if you can afford it shared bathroom all the way! but ive got for single study as accomodation at notts is so expensive anyway!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
go for single study! Accomodation eats up enough of your loan as it is!
Reply 3
Apperently it's only really girls that go for private shared...not really relevant but hey.

I'm thinking I'll probably go with single study as it'll be a bit more socialable.
Reply 4
I'm hoping i'll be sociable enough without having to share a bathroom with up to 5 other people. I just have this image of everyone being ill after a big night out and their not being enough loos and...
Reply 5
Single! Single!

You'll get close to 5+ people rather than 1 with shared.
Reply 6
mmm like foot fungus close...
Reply 7
I really don't think that your bedroom/bathroom choice will have any affect on your social life... what u planning to do? chat away in the shower?????
Reply 8
Jon88
I really don't think that your bedroom/bathroom choice will have any affect on your social life... what u planning to do? chat away in the shower?????

...whats wrong with that? :redface: :rolleyes:
Reply 9
mousey
I'm hoping i'll be sociable enough without having to share a bathroom with up to 5 other people. I just have this image of everyone being ill after a big night out and their not being enough loos and...

Private shared would still be 2 people per loo though...
Although fair point about not needing to share with 5 other people, but I still feel that you are limiting yourself somewhat by sharing with 1 other person afterall what if they are a complete prick?
Reply 10
what if all 5 are complete pricks?
then surely its better sharing with 1 complete prick than 5... u just gotta think of all possibilities..
Hey,

I was at the University of Western Ontario this year andi shared a bathroom in residence with 17ish people. There were 2 bathrooms on our floor, with 2 stalls, 2 showers, and 3 sinks. Its not bad at all -- wear flip flops in teh shower, and thast abouti t.

5 is NOTHING :smile:
Reply 12
Jon88
what if all 5 are complete pricks?
then surely its better sharing with 1 complete prick than 5... u just gotta think of all possibilities..

But the probability of 5 being so is far less than 1, you gotta spread the risk :cool:
Reply 13
It's ok if they are a prick - i'm hardly going to be in the bathroom/on the loo/in the shower with them am i? Hopefully i will make friends with people in my hall and on my course - not particularly with the person i'm sharing a toilet with. I know about the being ill thing - there could still be two of us - but that's less likely with only one other person isn't it? xx
rahul.parmar
Hey,

I was at the University of Western Ontario this year andi shared a bathroom in residence with 17ish people. There were 2 bathrooms on our floor, with 2 stalls, 2 showers, and 3 sinks. Its not bad at all -- wear flip flops in teh shower, and thast abouti t.

5 is NOTHING :smile:

Lol, flip flops in the shower - good plan! :biggrin:
-Sian-
Lol, flip flops in the shower - good plan! :biggrin:

Lol, flip flops in the shower - good plan!

Im tellin you, its how we survived! You cant trust other peoples foot...stuff...lol

Besides, once you get to know the ppl on your floor it becomes less of an issue..and you naturally get used to whatever it is your situation entails.
Ok, I think I'm gonna go:

1. Single study
2. Private shared bathroom
3. Shared bedroom
4. Shared study

Wouldn't really want to share a study, I need my own work space! And single study over shared bathroom purely because it's cheaper.
Done it! :redface: *scared*
Reply 18
*Butts in*
I'd like a shared study, it'd be kinda cool. I could irritate the hell out of the person working with me! :cool:
Reply 19
Apparently it's actually quite good and you get a huge lounge area to share between the two of you and a normal size room. Although, like sian i don't think i'd be able to work with anyone else - need my own space, music etc. xx

Latest

Trending

Trending