The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply?

Is it too late to apply for taught master degree??

Hi, I am from Hong Kong and just applied for several taught master degrees at the end of April. Although there is no specific deadline set by those uni, it sounds the business school of them are quite hot in this year and might possibly get full already.

Here is my brief backfound:

1. 2:1 Degree in Accounancy
2. 4 year audit expereince @ Grant Thornton
3. Charatered Accountant certified

Do I still have chance to get a place for 09/10? Please kindly advise...:frown:

The courses/Uni I have applied are as follows:
1. Aston U==> International business
2. Exeter ==> Interntaional Manager
3. York ==> International business and strategic management
4. St Andrew ==> International business
5. Durham ==> Management
6. Southampton ==> Management
Reply 1
Really the best thing I believe is to contact them directly. You'll have the most honest answer from them.
Reply 2
I have done so but what they had done was just keep me waiting.....

Just would like to ask if someone else who applied late with similar experience but finally was given an offer...
Reply 3
hmm, i think it depends on whether they still have the space or not. i applied at the end of march and I emailed the admission officer of the course in UCL's electrical engineering department first to find out about it, and they said that they still have. and now i'm still waiting for the decision in the next few days.

other 3 unis that i also applied at the end of march, gave me an unconditional offer.
i'm also a fresh grad and dont have any work experience yet, so i think your experience would be a plus point. oh, and you should check their application deadline...if they said some time in june/july, in my opinion, just go for it.
otherwise, really make sure that they are still accepting new applications..

good luck
Reply 4
All of the schools I applied without stating exact deadline.....

I would like to have a final decision as soon as possible~~~ even if rejection...

Latest

Trending

Trending