The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At GCSE I believe that will be an A :biggrin:
I'm sure Edexcel works by 90%, 80%, 70% etc. so I think that'd be a B?
Reply 3
Pretty sure that's an A. An A* is around 82-86 or so I think, changes every year though but not by that much.
Reply 4
That's defiantly an A
Reply 5
Does anyone know what an A* is? I think it's around 82-86 like I said but want to be a little more sure about that.
kai4321
Does anyone know what an A* is? I think it's around 82-86 like I said but want to be a little more sure about that.

I believe it varies slightly every year so 82-86 is fairly accurate, it all depends how other people do on the test. If everyone does really well it could be 86; if everyone does really badly in could be 82. In your case doing past paper I would assume 85 is an A* and go from there :biggrin:
The new syllabus on edexcel means the grade boundaries are a bit higher, so I think 77% would be an A.
Reply 8
mmm....it depends what year. 67% or something was A* in 2003. Just take 85% as A*, 75% A
Reply 9
It was a foundation paper
flyp
It was a foundation paper

Well I just checked the 2008 examiners report, and for foundation (Paper 1F & 2F), your score of 77% fits into a C category for both, so well done (Y)
Reply 11
omg THANK YOU, its given me some belief

But the highest in the report says highest you can get is a c, right?
TheMeister
I'm sure Edexcel works by 90%, 80%, 70% etc. so I think that'd be a B?

No, providing it is Higher its a strong A.
I take 77% to be an A with EdExcel.
jamessimth5
No, providing it is Higher its a strong A.

My teacher must be quite stupid then; a girl in my year got 90% and said that she'd only just got an A*, whereas there's me getting 83% looking ever-so-slightly embarrassed because I was told I'd only scraped an A. :rolleyes:
It's foundation you n00bs
TheMeister
My teacher must be quite stupid then; a girl in my year got 90% and said that she'd only just got an A*, whereas there's me getting 83% looking ever-so-slightly embarrassed because I was told I'd only scraped an A. :rolleyes:

Your teacher's either a moron, trying to scare you to revise or your exam board is completely different to mine.
jamessimth5
Your teacher's either a moron, trying to scare you to revise or your exam board is completely different to mine.

I did the exam a year early you see, so we've already got the grades. He told us this in September last year when we got the results on the first day back in school and we weren't impressed. So yeah, you're right - he's a moron. :yes:
TheMeister
I did the exam a year early you see, so we've already got the grades. He told us this in September last year when we got the results on the first day back in school and we weren't impressed. So yeah, you're right - he's a moron. :yes:

He sounds it.

Cheers for rep by the way, I would return the complement but I have no rep power :shrug:
flyp
omg THANK YOU, its given me some belief

But the highest in the report says highest you can get is a c, right?

Yes, for foundation, the highest grade you can get is a C.

Latest