The Student Room Group
They are usually about characters and themes, so any character could come up really.

They might say like "How does the writer show <insert feeling> in <setting>?"
hopefully something about education/innocence or courage as a theme, but I think education came up last year. I really hope there isnt an extract question.
Reply 3
My teachers think it will be about women, black people or minor characters!
Are you nervous?
I am v v nervous!
yesssssssss....i don't even know the book properly yet.
ive been told that it could be the theme of growing up.
i have IT in the afternoon as well :|
Reply 5
I'm going to flop Mockingbird essay, as you need to remember pages of important quotes and the chapter of important events, and I don't know either. So I'm just hoping for an extract question so I can at least find the quotes that I need.
It won't be the significance of the title, that was on last year :smile:
Reply 7
pinstripesbaby
It won't be the significance of the title, that was on last year :smile:

Damn.. that's the best question ever!
Reply 8
When we got it at GCSE it was character themes as far as I can remember. Check out past papers on the OCR/Edexcel websites. Normally gives a few hints to what they may be this year.
Is this AQA or edexcel? I've got mine on Tuesday and I'm getting soo scared :s
xcaz-erex
Damn.. that's the best question ever!

Indeed, it was an absolute doddle :smile:
apparently we need to know lots of quotes (i have learnt none! O.o) and there are questions like about feelings and atmospheres and stuff O.o

i'm also flapping like a fish cos i have no idea how i'm guna pass it!
Reply 12
How many quotes do you use usually in an essay?
Do you analyse them, or just explain?
Reply 13
Tbh the runours going round are something on education i think. Well if not the im totally and utterlly ******.
omgh :s-smilie: i cannot do this exam :frown: i;ve learnt an insepctor calls but nothink on to kill a mockingbird :frown:
Reply 15
King CalZ
Tbh the runours going round are something on education i think. Well if not the im totally and utterlly ******.

I think education was a past question, but im not sure.
Reply 16
Past questions on AQA papers:

2008 - Significance of the novel's title + Importance of trial and methods to make it dramatic

2007 - Importance of Maycomb as the setting + Scout's education (what she learns and how its shown)

2006 - Fathers in novel (how are they presented and what are they like) + Courage (methods and Lee's view of courage)

2005 - Importance of family + Who's being educated

2004 - Two dramatic events in novel + How good parents are shown

Don't think there's really a clear indication as to what's gonna be on the exam.

Latest