The Student Room Group

TSR History forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

User Name: Don John
Level you are taking this year: A2 Level
Board you are taking: AQA
(if known) options you are taking: AS: Britain 1929-51, USA Foreign Policy 1890-1990 A2: Britain 1951-97, USA Civil Rights 1877-1989 + USA Domestic Policies of Presidents from JFK to Ronald Reagan.

Britain is by far the best part, for the USA options there's so much to learn!
User Name: Cognoverant
Level you are taking this year: AS Level
(if known) options you are taking: The Impact of Stalin's Rule on the USSR; England 1483 - 1529
Reply 322
Level this year: A2
Board: AQA
Options: Alternative G - Nazi economic modernisation and Unit 6 - reunification of Germany (my favourite unit)
Alternative O - 16/17th Britain
User Name: Graeme/Gayum
Board you are taking: ocr
options you are taking: Did Roosevelt's America in January. Doing Tudor Rebellions in Summer.

I am seriously finding the Tudor paper so hard. Mainly coz our teachers are useless, our Henry VIII teacher was in such a fluster she tried to tell us that the P.O.G had nothing to do with Religion. thats how screwed i am.
Does anyone have any info on what i should be revising- any good books- we've got woodward's book and photocopies of fletcher's.
User Name: Fleurvert
Board you are taking: OCR
(if known) options you are taking: last year: Elizabethan Foreign Policy, Hitler's Domestic Policy, Mussolini
this year: Philip II, Tudor Rebellions, Louis XIV Independent Study

Bigglesthenerd
Does anyone have any info on what i should be revising- any good books- we've got woodward's book and photocopies of fletcher's.

For Tudor Rebellions I am using Nicholas Fellow's book, which is very good and quite easy to revise from. Have you been shown the complete set of past papers? The questions don't vary too greatly year-to-year.
Fleurvert

For Tudor Rebellions I am using Nicholas Fellow's book, which is very good and quite easy to revise from. Have you been shown the complete set of past papers? The questions don't vary too greatly year-to-year.

Thank You!
We've not finished the course and we've got 1 and half weeks left.
I've gone over all the papers and divided them up into sections which has kind of calmed me down a little.
I want a nice cause question- fingers crossed because the last one and one before that weren't 'To what extent was 'blah' a cause of rebellion' type of question.

a nature one on why they failed would be nice.
but i can see 'To what extent did rebellions not achieve any of their aims' coming up.

i'd jump for joy if an Elizabeth one came up- why she had less :smile:
Bigglesthenerd

'To what extent was 'blah' a cause of rebellion' type of question.

One of those comes up pretty much every year and I reel out the same answer for all of them, just with a bit of structure re-jigging.

Bigglesthenerd

i'd jump for joy if an Elizabeth one came up- why she had less :smile:

Yeah, I'd really love that. Our History teacher is in love with Elizabeth so I have loads of notes on her.
Reply 327
User Name: elho
Level you are taking this year: AS
(if known) options you are taking: War of the Roses and Henry VII, Origins and Course of French Revolution
User Name: oo_Lucinda_oo
Level: A2
Board: Edexcel
Options:
4 = Elizabethan Monarchs, Settlements & Authority.
5 = Tudor Century. 1485-1603
6= Nazi period 1933-45

Only need a B overall, but think I'm going to fail...
Username: Sorry...Alright...Well...
Level: A2
Board: Edexcel
Options:
AS:
Unit 1 - Votes for Women - Done
Unit 2 - Civil Rights in America 1945-1968 - Done
Unit 3 - Life in Hitler's Germany 1933-1939 - Done
A2
Unit 4 - Vietnam and Korea 1950-1973 (only studied Vietnam) - Done
Unit 5 - Civil war to Civil Rights 1865-1969 - To do
Unit 6 - The Soviet Union after Lenin 1924-41 - To do
User Name: Affinity89
Level taken this year: First Year Undergrad
Options taken: Politics, Religion and Society in Europe 1050-1250; Popular Protest, Belief, Death and the Family in Europe 1400-1700; The English Reformation; Revolutionary France. :smile:
User Name: PurpleKnife
Level you are taking this year: IGCSE
Board you are taking: CIE
(if known) options you are taking: German Involvement in Spanish Civil War, USA, Russia, The modernization of Japan.
User Name: lattywatty
Level you are taking this year: GCSE
(if known) options you are taking: American West, Medicine Through Time (Coursework: Conflict in Ireland AND History Around Us - Based on historical structure in local area)

I'm struggling remembering dates. Gah. I try to test myself each day though. I really want an A* in History to prove my teacher wrong! She says my courseworks are great (100% on both XD) but I don't put enough effort to get an A* in the exams. B**** :P:
Anyone know any gd revision sites for Representation and Democracy 1830-1930? And any ideas what the exam is about? Haha. I havent a clue..
User Name: Donnchadh
Level you are taking this year: A2
(if known) options you are taking:
AS - Nazi Germany, Mussolini, Charles I/English Civil War.
A2 - Charlemagne, Russia 1855-1956, Fall of Constantinople 1453 (independent study).

Charlemagne easily my favourite...
Reply 335
User Name: danthe7th
Level you are taking this year: A2 levels
Options you are taking: Russian dictatorship and Lenin and the Bolsheviks
well A2 students.. how did you find your papers today?
Reply 337
User Name: Thorn89
Level taken this year: Just finished first year of my degree at Nottingham Uni
Options taken: Medieval Europe 500 - 1300; Europe From Reformation to Revolution - Europe until 1789; Roads to Modernity - Europe 1789 - 1945; Learning History (the study of the study of history, if you get me :P)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM :smile:
User Name:jataylorlfc
Level you are taking this year: as-a2
Board you are taking:OCR
(if known) options you are taking: (have already done) European and world history period studies-The crusades-medieval early modern

and churchill source paper (done in may/june)
User Name: are you blind!?
Level you are taking this year: just finished studying history academically
Board you are taking: (was) OCR
(if known) options you are taking: (were) quite a lot of stuff...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending