The Student Room Group

TSR History forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ewwwwww, Joseph Fiennes. He's sooo creepy looking and too skinny. Urgh. Put Orlando Bloom in his place anyday!
Reply 41
Ew, I can't stand Orlando Bloom, he's too poncey even for my taste. Joseph Fiennes, on the other hand....:biggrin:
Reply 42
Charlottie
Grace, seeing as you have As at AS (that was you, right?) I was wondering if you had any tips for the Russia synoptic? I'm just getting worse the more practice I do, a fresh perspective might be a nice idea.

hey sorry didn't realise this thread had three pages so only jus got ya post. i find russian history hard to be honest. I got an A at AS but A2 is much harder!

I suggest to read the russia thread its brilliant, which i sure you have. Gather all past questions and put those questions under each theme...do as many past questions as u can and be precise.
Reply 43
User Name: Allyria
Level: AS
Board: Edexcel
Options: Henry VII, the Weimar Republic, Life in the Soviet Union 1928-41
Madelyn
Ew, I can't stand Orlando Bloom, he's too poncey even for my taste. Joseph Fiennes, on the other hand....:biggrin:

They're both wonderful :biggrin: (Though if push came to shove I'd probably *have* to choose Johnny Depp over them both...)
grace1
hey sorry didn't realise this thread had three pages so only jus got ya post. i find russian history hard to be honest. I got an A at AS but A2 is much harder!

I suggest to read the russia thread its brilliant, which i sure you have. Gather all past questions and put those questions under each theme...do as many past questions as u can and be precise.

Russia thread? Can't find it, help, can someone give me directions?
User Name: Saruman
Level you are taking this year: AS levels
Board you are taking: OCR
(if known) options you are taking: Russia 1917. Luckily I did well in my coursework so I don't have to resit Nazi Germany or America... :cool:
Reply 47
Lillith Grimore
They're both wonderful :biggrin: (Though if push came to shove I'd probably *have* to choose Johnny Depp over them both...)

Hahaha! Didn't used to like Johnny Depp but I am warming to him after watching Pirates of the Caribbean again. I just think Joseph Fiennes is a leel too old.
Reply 48
Joseph Fiennes is amazing, and he's a really good actor. And I've seen him live *smug*
Reply 49
Charlottie
Russia thread? Can't find it, help, can someone give me directions?

you started that thread;-)
Heh, I thought you meant a different one. The Russia thread that I started ended up being me posting all of my work and no-one commenting, so I just stopped. Wasn't helping me much and I was panicking more.
User Name: White_redrose
Level you are taking this year: A2
Board you are taking: Edexcel
(if known) options you are taking: Elizabeth I: Settlement and Security 1558-88, Edward VI and Mary I, and the 'Golden Age' of Spain (cwk module)
User Name: PinkPigeon
Level you are taking this year: A/S (Ancient Hist.)
(if known) options you are taking: All modules are on Roman Britain this year.
Reply 53
User Name: Lauren
Level you are taking this year: A2 Level
(if known) options you are taking: Independent investigation : the individual - Wolfe Tone and Pearse/Historical Investigation - Gladstone and Disraeli/Themes in History - Britain and Ireland 1798 - 1921
Reply 54
PinkPigeon
User Name: PinkPigeon
Level you are taking this year: A/S (Ancient Hist.)
(if known) options you are taking: All modules are on Roman Britain this year.

i'm going to glasto too. Be my 3rd time:-) I have to go on the 24th tho cos of an exam!! i miss the thursday fun!
Reply 55
User Name: Smiley_Me
Level you are taking this year: A2 Level
Board you are taking: EdExcel
(if known) options you are taking: Elizabeth I (am resitting in June), The Golden Age of Spain (coursework) and The Mid Tudor Crisis (1547-1558)

All Tudor modules and all becoming tedious. I did it last year too.
Reply 56
White_redrose
User Name: White_redrose
(if known) options you are taking: Elizabeth I: Settlement and Security 1558-88, Edward VI and Mary I, and the 'Golden Age' of Spain (cwk module)

Just noticed you do the same modules as me. I don't meet many that do.
User Name: John Stuart Mill
Level you are taking this year: AS-level
Board you are taking: AQA
Options you are taking:HS2R (British History 1895-1918), HS1B (Religious Change & Its Consequences in 16th Century Europe) and HS03 (New Liberalism & Irish Nationalism)

If anyone has questions about US history, the Russian revolution & the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict I can probably help with that as well as I know a bit about the Russian Revolution and quite a reasonable amount about US history (mainly 20th century) and the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Reply 58
User Name: chats
Level you are taking this year: A Level
Board you are taking: Edexhell
(if known) options you are taking: Poverty in Britain, Stalin and USSR, USA in Asia. did Nazis last year
(if known) options you are taking: This year, Fascist Italy (sat in January), Spain (coursework), Nazi State 1933-39.
Last year: Russia in Revolution, English Civil War (coursework), Unification of Italy

Quick Reply