The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
khl31

btw, chicken kiev is one of the more edible things they serve...

I know, I wasn't unhappy with it, I like kievs and I don't have an oven here so I don't get to eat them often! Just not exactly formal hall food really.

A.

(well I had an oven over the summer and Sainsburys had kievs on offer for most of the time, they were the staple of my diet for a fair while :p: )
Reply 41
Alaric
I know, I wasn't unhappy with it, I like kievs and I don't have an oven here so I don't get to eat them often! Just not exactly formal hall food really.

A.

(well I had an oven over the summer and Sainsburys had kievs on offer for most of the time, they were the staple of my diet for a fair while :p: )

THat's why you didn't get the ladies, garlic boy :p:
Reply 42
~Raphael~
THat's why you didn't get the ladies, garlic boy :p:

It was summer, there are no ladies!

I think I mainly stink of curry at the moment though, I haven't had anything but curry for dinner for over two weeks. Had a phall a week back, that was fun!

A.
Reply 43
Alaric
It was summer, there are no ladies!

I think I mainly stink of curry at the moment though, I haven't had anything but curry for dinner for over two weeks. Had a phall a week back, that was fun!

A.

Dude, start eating bland foods, your romantic life could prosper :biggrin:
Reply 44
Simone de Beauv
are benches not a bit awkward if wearing a skirt?

YES!!! The worst offender for this is Peterhouse, where the benches fit too closely into the table, so as well as having to be VERY careful getting in to sit down, when you stand up for grace you can't stand up straight otherwise the bench falls over, so you have to sort of bend your knees a bit. It's not very comfortable.

I'm not doing too badly on the old tally - I've managed all the colleges on the Backs bar King's (John's, Trinity, Tit Hall, Caius, Clare, Catz) plus Robinson, Jesus and Peterhouse. Hopefully going to Pembroke sometime next week, as well as Selwyn, and Magdalene if we don't mess their boys around too much :redface: Emma owe us a formal too... :wink:

A lot of these are boatie swaps, though a couple are medic ones, and Jesus and Robinson because I have random friends there. Best way to do it is through some sort of society.
Reply 45
~Raphael~
Dude, start eating bland foods, your romantic life could prosper :biggrin:

It's all about the endorphines, burning myself with curry actually makes me feel good. I was in the Maharaja yesterday and actually disappointed how mild the Vindaloo was. I am becoming a freak (shhh---wasn't before).

Why are you so concerned about my romantic life all of a sudden anyway---you are remembering that I'm a compsci and so therefore not allowed any human contact right?

A.
Reply 46
Alaric
It's all about the endorphines, burning myself with curry actually makes me feel good. I was in the Maharaja yesterday and actually disappointed how mild the Vindaloo was. I am becoming a freak (shhh---wasn't before).

Why are you so concerned about my romantic life all of a sudden anyway---you are remembering that I'm a compsci and so therefore not allowed any human contact right?

A.

Damn, you're on to me, I was going to ask if you could be my project for my mandatory community service that my stupid school makes me do...I mean, helping no-hopers (i.e. compscis) MUST be a form of charity :p: :eek:

(ok I think I went too far, don't hurt me when I look around Clare)
Reply 47
Helenia
I'm not doing too badly on the old tally - I've managed all the colleges on the Backs bar King's (John's, Trinity, Tit Hall, Caius, Clare, Catz) plus Robinson, Jesus and Peterhouse. Hopefully going to Pembroke sometime next week, as well as Selwyn, and Magdalene if we don't mess their boys around too much :redface: Emma owe us a formal too... :wink:

mmmm... Catz wasn't on the backs last time I looked - some idiot put Queens in the way. Though give the traditional Catz hospitality I can see why you wouldn't notice.
Reply 48
OldMan
mmmm... Catz wasn't on the backs last time I looked - some idiot put Queens in the way. Though give the traditional Catz hospitality I can see why you wouldn't notice.

This is, I suppose, true. I just count it cos it's next in line as you go down King's Parade/Trumpington Street.

Actually, I've been after a Queens' formal for ages but not yet managed it :frown:
Reply 49
Helenia
This is, I suppose, true. I just count it cos it's next in line as you go down King's Parade/Trumpington Street.

Actually, I've been after a Queens' formal for ages but not yet managed it :frown:

Queens' was funny, huge modern hall and only 15-20 of us or so dining in the corner. Wasn't too bad though.

For randomness, the staff disappeared after the meal and didn't tidy up, so we did. Oh the japes.

A.
Reply 50
~Raphael~

(ok I think I went too far, don't hurt me when I look around Clare)

It's okay, you're safe, I don't know what you look like. And you won't arrive next year which is probably the only time I may come back and visit.

A.
Reply 51
Alaric
It's okay, you're safe, I don't know what you look like. And you won't arrive next year which is probably the only time I may come back and visit.

A.

ok, cool.

W*nker :p:

<hehe just joshin'>
Reply 52
Helenia

Don't know why, but I never really thought about going to other formals apart from my own college (Catz); seemed like being unfaithful somehow :dong:. Did go to Newnham once though - not very good; they ran out of roast potatoes and I ended up getting married :eek:
Reply 53
I quite trying some other college formals. AHem =P
Reply 54
OldMan
Don't know why, but I never really thought about going to other formals apart from my own college (Catz); seemed like being unfaithful somehow :dong:. Did go to Newnham once though - not very good; they ran out of roast potatoes and I ended up getting married :eek:

Somehow I doubt I'm ever likely to get invited to Newnham :wink: not quite what they're after...

Catz was good though - it was the day after our BCD, so we were all feeling rough and hungover, but we managed to carry on drinking so by the end it was all good. My friend even managed to (briefly) steal a Thundercatz tie.
Reply 55
OldMan

What, 'give me your roast potatoes and I'll marry you!'

I like your style :biggrin:
Reply 56
Helenia
Somehow I doubt I'm ever likely to get invited to Newnham :wink: not quite what they're after...

Really? In my day female, heavy drinking boaties were in great demand at Newnham. :afraid:
Reply 57
~Raphael~
ok, cool.

W*nker :p:

<hehe just joshin'>

I'll still be around to see you drown in Cam.
Reply 58
OldMan
Really? In my day female, heavy drinking boaties were in great demand at Newnham. :afraid:

Well, I don't swing that way, I'm sure they'll be devastated to know :wink:
Reply 59
Camford
I'll still be around to see you drown in Cam.

Eh? I wouldn't drown him---you don't get to feel the warm blood splattering against your face.

A.

Latest

Trending

Trending