The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm not doing it this year, so I really don't need to post here.... but ehm, I'm really looking forward to it next year - seems very interesting :biggrin:

Good luck Meteorshower (and the rest of you doing it)!
Wish my school offered applied maths, though I'd probably be more interested in Stats than Mechanics.

Anyway sorry for off-topicness, good luck Meteorshower and co.
So jealous of mechanics..
Reply 4
To be honest the mechanics looks a lot more interesting than the normal Maths Course, however my school struggles to get a class together for that, never mind mechanics.
Lachlan
To be honest the mechanics looks a lot more interesting than the normal Maths Course, however my school struggles to get a class together for that, never mind mechanics.

What course are you hoping to do at LSE?
Reply 6
abstraction98
What course are you hoping to do at LSE?

Economics and Economic History, seems and amazing course, fingers crossed for the A in maths. Must admit I am pretty jealous of your Cambridge offer though, I applied to Oxford for History and Economics but never got in, would have loved to go to Oxbridge.
Lachlan
Economics and Economic History, seems and amazing course, fingers crossed for the A in maths. Must admit I am pretty jealous of your Cambridge offer though, I applied to Oxford for History and Economics but never got in, would have loved to go to Oxbridge.

Sounds really good. I'm interested in econonmics - I'm interested in just about everything to be honest.

Thanks, it's exciting. Just need to put a final effort in now. I got strong A's in prelims so hopefully get somewhere near those and I'll be alright.
I'm fairly thoroughly unfazed. About the only mistake I consistently make is forgetting that when doing a hypothesis test using a sample mean, you have to divide by standard deviation over root n. I could probably do with refreshing myself on the various types of sampling, but other than that, I'm not bothered.

(I was looking for the 'point and laugh' smiley but can't seem to find it :p:)
Reply 9
abstraction98
Sounds really good. I'm interested in econonmics - I'm interested in just about everything to be honest.

Thanks, it's exciting. Just need to put a final effort in now. I got strong A's in prelims so hopefully get somewhere near those and I'll be alright.

Well I wish you luck, my prelims were less amazing, but then I didn't work for them and I will/have been working for these exams.
Lachlan
Well I wish you luck, my prelims were less amazing, but then I didn't work for them and I will/have been working for these exams.

Good good, you'll be fine.
To any 5th years that are interested in this course, but your school doesn't offer it - ask if you can self teach. The school should at least be able to buy you a textbook and let you sit nabs. Mechanics at least is pretty manageable if you do maths and physics as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending