The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
smilepea
I also hate my friends at other unis with last exam ect facbook statuses

Agree - no fun seeing how friends are done with exams (and have done well), and are now graduating and going off on random holidays.

And actually I think most of them weren't even that stressed with finals as they are at universities with GPA systems, and had done sufficiently well throughout university so that they could afford to do less well for finals and still graduate with a decent GPA. Unfortunately doesn't apply here...
Non-specific reading lists aren't doing me a favour. I've got books out but have spent an hour and a half trying to find relevant bits of it to read :facepalm:

Le sigh
:work:

Oh and I finally did my first practice exam. It wasn't good. It doesn't help that people in the library were really noisy, and the quiet booths tucked away in the stacks were all occupied. I got one of them now, thankfully... but it didn't help.
Nevertheless, I'm glad to have broken the ice. I'm going to try to do as many practice questions for each of my planned topics as I can.
Don't hold your breath.
After yesterday I was feeling loads better about my political exam, and ended up thinking I could do pretty well in it. I've just re-red over the past papers and examiners reports to check out common errors in that paper, and all the stuff I've studied hardly ever comes up. Any of it. The year in the last decade I could have passed was 2006. Most of the other questions are similar and clustered around the same topics, none of which I've done. :bawling: As if it wasn't hard enough already.
Reply 23
FadedJade
After yesterday I was feeling loads better about my political exam, and ended up thinking I could do pretty well in it. I've just re-red over the past papers and examiners reports to check out common errors in that paper, and all the stuff I've studied hardly ever comes up. Any of it. The year in the last decade I could have passed was 2006. Most of the other questions are similar and clustered around the same topics, none of which I've done. :bawling: As if it wasn't hard enough already.

:console: I don't know what to say to make it better but it'll be all right, honest.

I've got a revision supervision tomorrow and I can't answer any questions on the topic, and I have no idea even where to start revising from in my notes. but I'm in a good mood and nothing's going to stop it!
I still can't write any timed essays. bloody writer's block. :hmpf:
Reply 25
I've lost some really important grammar revision sheets :frown: And the other Russianist in college doesn't have them either... Pants pants pants, exam on Friday, really needed them.
Reply 26
Oh I can, but I wanted to do them tonight and now can't. The book I need is in the MML library which is shut :frown:
Gah, I'm knackered. And I've read like.... three pages today :facepalm: And it feels like I'm learning my papers from scratch :sigh:
I've worked out why I can't do these timed essays. If I end up not taking my exams they will be marking me based on them and supervision reports, so every one I'm writing is a potential exam, so I'm trying really hard to make them as perfect as possible. I just need to relax and write the damn things!
Reply 29
FadedJade
I've worked out why I can't do these timed essays. If I end up not taking my exams they will be marking me based on them and supervision reports, so every one I'm writing is a potential exam, so I'm trying really hard to make them as perfect as possible. I just need to relax and write the damn things!

Does that mean you'll effectively get a 2:i from supervision reports if you dont sit the exams? That's a bit unfair really even though I understand you've been ill. I thought it was DDH if you had worked well and couldn't sit the exams...
It is DDH. But as DDH is utter crap they will make an attempt to show what level I've been at. And realistically it won't help me all that much anyway given that I've only had half the amount of supervisions I was meant to have this year, meaning they haven't really seen any of my work anyway.
Reply 31
FadedJade
It is DDH. But as DDH is utter crap they will make an attempt to show what level I've been at. And realistically it won't help me all that much anyway given that I've only had half the amount of supervisions I was meant to have this year, meaning they haven't really seen any of my work anyway.

oh :frown:

good luck anyway! keep at it, it will all be over before you know it and I bet you'll surprise yourself and do better than you expect in the exams :smile:
I'm trying! My first exam is 2 days away and I'm totally not ready. I don't wanna play this game anymore!! :bawling:
FadedJade
I'm trying! My first exam is 2 days away and I'm totally not ready. I don't wanna play this game anymore!! :bawling:

:console: Rubbishness!
AAAAAKK!!!!
I'm so freaked out about one of my exams! The Social Theory exam is on the 4th and I'm relatively confident about that, but Globalization is on the 28th and there's so much annoying, boring detail to learn and stats.... and despite loads of work on it during the year everything has dropped out of my brain because the details are so boring :facepalm:
Reply 35
Craghyrax
there's so much annoying, boring detail to learn and stats.... and despite loads of work on it during the year everything has dropped out of my brain because the details are so boring :facepalm:

Welcome to my world... :p:

I feel like I've been productive today, in that I've been working in 45min bursts all day, and actually sticking to it.. but then I realise I've only covered basic land law principles, licences and a bit of proprietary estoppel... which doesn't make up much of the course... blah.
Reply 36
mwiko
Welcome to my world... :p:

I feel like I've been productive today, in that I've been working in 45min bursts all day, and actually sticking to it.. but then I realise I've only covered basic land law principles, licences and a bit of proprietary estoppel... which doesn't make up much of the course... blah.

I think I just about get licences and prop estoppel (to like a 2.2 standard, but anyway...).... it's the "basic land law principles" I still don't get. All the problem questions always seem to have *some* detail about one of the parties which makes no sense at all to me and I can never figure out what it is getting at :frown:

In other news, I think I am going to fail contract. Damn.
I wouldn't mind a 2.2 in SOC2 if it wasn't a third of my entire year :hmpf:

I hate supervisions in exam term! :banghead:
Reply 38
There is no way in hell I'm going to be able to cover all the stuff I need to in Soc Anth before the exam. No way. I'm definitely on the road to a 2.2 in it. Which I wouldn't mind if I wasn't going to get a 2.2 in everything else too. :bawling:
Reply 39
jcb914
I think I just about get licences and prop estoppel (to like a 2.2 standard, but anyway...).... it's the "basic land law principles" I still don't get. All the problem questions always seem to have *some* detail about one of the parties which makes no sense at all to me and I can never figure out what it is getting at :frown:

In other news, I think I am going to fail contract. Damn.

Heh, I don't get the basic principles either... and I ALWAYS miss the stupid fixtures/chattels point that they slip into every problem question going. I just read over the introduction lecture booklet.. :o:

Contract? I think that might be one of the only ones which I will do *ok* in, purely because I will pander to my supervisor's interesting tastes, by knowing nothing except the first names of judges.

A 2.2 is ok... right? right? oh wait.. I have to apply for jobs with this year's mark. Argh!

Latest

Trending

Trending