The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies Case Study - Knights & Daze

Hi there,
Is anyone any good at business studies out there. The case study talks about increasing production but that the factory in Slovenia hasn't got enough capacity so therefore what does K&D do:

Andreis would only make furniture for K&D and no other company. In return they would get all of K&D’s business and K&D would invest in new premises and machinery. K&D would also invest in training for the workers.
■ K&D moves the whole of the production of the furniture back to the UK.
■ K&D finds another producer in Slovenia to make all K&D’s furniture.

Which one is best and why!!
Reply 1
I doubt a question like this will come up - at least I hope it won't. It's even worded in an odd way for a higher tier (unless you go to an amazing school, then this is a little confusing haha). If you really feel the need for an answer, pop in to school early tomorrow before the exam and ask your teacher!
Reply 2
lol I'mLost, that question will DEFINATELY come up in the exam. In some form anyway. And it will probably be a very high mark question (10 maybe?)

I would say to stay in Slovenia with Andreis but you could say any one of the options as long as you back it up. You need to think about the pros and cons of each option and then weigh it up. I would write it for you... but the revision would do you some good =D (and i cba anyway lol)
Reply 3
Are you sure? I just didn't really understand the way mumstheword phrased it. I know it will be a high mark question and there is more then likely to be a question or two about the suppliers but maybe the past days of exams has worn me out enough to not understand the question. Best hop to revision then!
Reply 4
I would be extremely surprised if it did not come up. Why else would they list the 3 different options if they aren't going to make you chose one. I sugest you learn it ASAP
Reply 5
It's okay, I read over the paper our teacher made for us in class and there was a simular question - she's made a mark scheme so I'm just about to do it. I really want an A* in Business studies - I really enjoy the subject (though you can tell I haven't revised ^^:wink:

Latest