The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
does anybody know where i can find any revision material for the poetry i find it really difficult and cnt revise for with
a website or anything that could be useful?
Poetry first, it's got more marks awarded. Anyone else stuck revising short stories tonight for the exam?
Reply 23
for short stories have you tryed samlearning?
EUGHREVISON
Poetry first, it's got more marks awarded. Anyone else stuck revising short stories tonight for the exam?

Yep I am, sadly.
Reply 25
45 mins Lord Of The Flies (can't wait)
45 mins An Inspekky Calls (arrrr! hate it!)
45 mins war poetry ......(kinda yay)

G'Luck!!!! English is like Marmite. You either hate it, or love it. You're either good at it, or you're not.
Reply 26
ok so AQA eng lit tomorrow,
1 hour poetry and 45mins novel?
sound about right?
Reply 27
Basmati
ok so AQA eng lit tomorrow,
1 hour poetry and 45mins novel?
sound about right?

yep! well to me anyway. :smile:

anyone here doing Of Mice and Men? and Simon Armitage and Carol Ann Duffy poems? or is that the same for everyone doing AQA? aha.
Reply 28
We were advised to spend 45 minutes on what is more comfortable for you (the novel or the poetry) and then spend an hour doing the other one that you are not as comfortable with.

I'm confident I know the poems and Of Mice and Men.
My English exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes. What specification are you doing? I'm doing spec B, I have 45 minutes for post-1914 poetry, 45 minutes for of mice and men and 45 minutes for inspector calls. Maybe the different specifications have different timing.
robert_ewbank
My English exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes. What specification are you doing? I'm doing spec B, I have 45 minutes for post-1914 poetry, 45 minutes for of mice and men and 45 minutes for inspector calls. Maybe the different specifications have different timing.

Which exam board are you on? I'm on AQA and only have to do two essays - one on Lord of the Flies and one on Heaney and Clarke poems. 1 hour 45 mins in total (45 mins for LOTF and 1 hour for poems)
Reply 31
hannah_xo

anyone here doing Of Mice and Men? and Simon Armitage and Carol Ann Duffy poems? or is that the same for everyone doing AQA? aha.

yerh im going them poems and of mice and men but really struggling for revision material :smile:
Reply 32
really?
mine is 2 1/4 hours

and im 100% sure is AQA
spec A
Reply 33
Luciee
yerh im going them poems and of mice and men but really struggling for revision material :smile:

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/micemen/
:smile:
Reply 34
hannah_xo

depends what spec youre doing
but im doing them too :smile:
Is it definitely the CAD/ Simon Armitage poems (as opposed to the poems from different cultures)?

And has anyone got any good tips on how to structure the essays? We haven't done anywhere near enough practice at school :-( I'm looking to get an A/A*
Im doing OF Mice And Men & Armitage, duffy+Pre-1914,
Anyone got any predicted questions for Of Mice And Men? Or for the poems..?
OCR is 2 1/4, yours will be 1 3/4.
Reply 38
soph_surfs
Im doing OF Mice And Men & Armitage, duffy+Pre-1914,
Anyone got any predicted questions for Of Mice And Men? Or for the poems..?

im thnkin of mice and men will be about the dreams of corse and the way that of mice and men ends where it begins, which shows that the dreams were neevr going to be reality

and i think a poem question will be about stealing- becuase they only changed this recently making it part of the 12 peoms we have to know
:o:
Reply 39
WJEC board...1 hour for stone cold 1 for An inspector calls and half an hour for UNSEEN poetry....*on the verge of suicide* arghhh!...btw good luck everyone ! x

Latest