The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
just to clear up, the first question was meant to be in english right?
AG_SILVA
just to clear up, the first question was meant to be in english right?

yup
i'm worried that everyone said it was easy, that means the grade boundaries will be ridiculous
am so depressed right now it's untrue...

Did that first question in French, and didnt realise till ten minutes after the exam when everyone was talking about it...

Wonder if anyone knows how many marks it was worth?and how it would effect the overall mark and stuff??

Am literallyso depressed by it - what a way to start my first exam... looks like I won't be applying to Camb to read French anymore!

I hope i'll still get an A though, as I think I did the essay well and got all the other questions right im 90% sure....
Reply 24
ok thanks for the clear up

I found the listeninig slightly harder than the specimen paper, and also a few of the questions about richard and loana were bit hard, but rest was good

and i was really happy with my essay, as im normally bad at those, internet question was soooooooooooo goood to have
installedpear

Did that first question in French, and didnt realise till ten minutes after the exam when everyone was talking about it...

Wonder if anyone knows how many marks it was worth?and how it would effect the overall mark and stuff??

Am literallyso depressed by it - what a way to start my first exam... looks like I won't be applying to Camb to read French anymore!

I hope i'll still get an A though, as I think I did the essay well and got all the other questions right im 90% sure....

I think it was worth 10 marks
and that means you'll get a maximum of 100/110 which is still really good
or they might do an error carried forward? don't let one exercise hinder you from applying to camb
AG_SILVA
ok thanks for the clear up

I found the listeninig slightly harder than the specimen paper, and also a few of the questions about richard and loana were bit hard, but rest was good

and i was really happy with my essay, as im normally bad at those, internet question was soooooooooooo goood to have

richard and loana? i do not remember that one! :P
oh wait the i'm a celebrity get me out of here one?
Reply 27
installedpear

Hi,
I made the same mistake as you but managed to change it before the end.
Don't worry, it was 10 marks so around 9% of the whole paper (110 marks total) so if you did well in the other parts you'll get a good grade. And there is always January!
Reply 28
SiaSiaSia
richard and loana? i do not remember that one! :P
oh wait the i'm a celebrity get me out of here one?

thats the one
Reply 29
SiaSiaSia
i'm sure you did better than you think :smile:
did it really take you that long? i did my reading and listening in half an hour (probably skipped loads though :eek3:)

Lol, that's fast :eek:

I had fifteen minutes when I'd already checked everything through, so I didn't know what to do. 'Cos the more I checked my essay the more everything sounded ridiculous. And I do take FOREVER on the listening, even though I found it better than the mock paper. :p:
Maynon
Lol, that's fast :eek:

I had fifteen minutes when I'd already checked everything through, so I didn't know what to do. 'Cos the more I checked my essay the more everything sounded ridiculous. And I do take FOREVER on the listening, even though I found it better than the mock paper. :p:

hahaha I got a C in my mock :sad:
I hopefully got a B in this but I really doubt it
Reply 31
SiaSiaSia
hahaha I got a C in my mock :sad:
I hopefully got a B in this but I really doubt it

I don't see why you shouldn't, you sound like you did fine :smile: How did your oral go?

Was the internet question 10b, btw?
Reply 32
SiaSiaSia
depuis was after the verb though

and yes i used present tense (i hope i didn't change to perfect at the last minute :shifty:)

Depuis coming after the verb doesn't matter, well not in this case :yep:

"Elle chante" was right, so you got the mark. :biggrin:
Reply 33
Aaaaaaaargh!
It was supposed to be in English mate :s-smilie:

lol luckily I put it wrong in the original post.....I initially wrote it all in french then I changed it to english.phew.
Reply 34
I did the essay about drinking, actually started planning the friendship one before I realised I couldn't really be bothered to write 300 words on that, so changed it half way through. Oh well, examiner will be amused at the masses of notes all over my essay-planning sheet.

I almost missed exam :biggrin:

Quite happy, found it quite easy...just a few annoying words like 'nie' which i didn't realise was a verb for ages lol.

Did that man take drugs in the Tour de France?
Reply 35
Is our essay plannning sheet marked at all? It had a hole punch in at the top, so was a little unsure about that one!

Glad its over, it seemed to go really quickly!!
Reply 36
No!! I wrote the first question in French :frown: Weren't the questions in French?? I thought you answer in the same language... this isn't good.
Reply 37
installedpear

If I was the examier - I would give you more marks for writing in FRENCH. Writing in english is the easy one. :yep:
For the Listening, what did people put for the publicity exercise for les produits alimentaires and the final one in that section?

Also which boxes did you TICK(!) (it had a symbol this times:P) for the final exercise on fashion?
Reply 39
i found it okay not as easy as everyone is making out tho :s-smilie:. my school is a flop tho, they lost the french speaking and we had to do it agen

Latest