The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I get to live at home rent-free so that's something.
No. Not since I was about 10.
LOL! no way.
Reply 23
no if i asked for money to clean the house my mum would beat the crap out of me :-)
Reply 24
Deanna19
errr no and I wouldn't ask for 'pocket money' for **** like that.

I get free rent, free food and the bills paid so I have it pretty freaking great

Same, I find it strange how people actually expect to get paid for these things.

:eek3:
Nooo!

1) I like helping out.
2) We all live in the same house, it makes sense to split the chores.
Its taking the piss to ask for money, and I think shows a lack of respect. If my parents need help around the house i'm more than happy to do it for them, they've done more than is nessisery for me over the years.
I dont get paid. i sometimes do the washing, cleaning etc. mainly my mum does it...
No. Most of the cleaning my mum does. And I wouldn't get paid for cleaning the house or anything like that. My parents say we ALL live there together and so isn't just one persons responsibility so why should I get paid for it when they don't.
I get paid if I do the ironing though, as if not my dad would probably get it sent out.
Reply 29
I do housework, in return I get:

- Free rent
- Free food
- Free TV
- Free hot water
- Free electricity

And LOVE :smile:

(basically no I don't get paid. lol)
Reply 30
I don't live with parents. :biggrin:
Reply 31
No, I don't pay my mum when she does it.
Reply 32
I used to before I got a proper job, but only as an incentive for actually doing it (I used to get my pocket money on the condition that my room was tidy on a Friday). Pocket money fizzled out when I was about 13 but I still (and to this day still) get a monthly 'allowance' from my Dad of £25... Seems like nothing now but it was nice then and I still appreciate it! (It pays my gym bill!)
Reply 33
I get paid for washing my dad's car.

:grin:
Reply 34
Nah. I do get an allowance though, but I just help out often anyhow. Although sometimes if it's something out of the ordinary, my mum will give me a fiver for cleaning out her car, that kinda thing.
Reply 35
when i was younger, yes, for hooovering the car:s-smilie:
Not anymore
My mum shouts me to clean
Nope, i get an allowance every month and don't do anything around the house :dontknow:
Reply 37
mr_qwerty
I do housework, in return I get:

- Free rent
- Free food
- Free TV
- Free hot water
- Free electricity

And LOVE :smile:

(basically no I don't get paid. lol)

that is too nice its sick
my household is hell:frown:
Reply 38
In a sense they do i guess being as they let me live here rent free and pay for my food etc but they don't physically give me cash in hand.
Reply 39
No, they don't ask me to clean or do chores but I enjoy cleaning so I gladly clean. I always keep my own room clean, messy houses and rooms irritate me, especially when you're invited to someone's house and it's an absolute mess. I'm just a clean freak though!

Latest

Trending

Trending