The Student Room Group

question for nursing students age 25+

I need the benefit of your experience because I really want to get into nursing but don't know if I can survive the study! The academic stuff isn't a problem but the huge lifestyle change is scary!!!
Not to detract from younger people in the field, but those who started study at 25+ would, I assume, have a massively solid identity and habits and be more settled in a completely different lifestyle than those coming from school or gap years...

What practical implications has studying had on your life?

Is it as tiring as you thought?

How have you re-engineered your social life with your existing friends and partners?

And what's it REALLY like being on student money if you've been getting a healthy monthly paycheck!!!?
Reply 1
Do you only want to hear from nursing students, or are you interested in allied health views too? (although admittedly your questions suggest that you're thinking about it a lot more than some do, which can only be good).
Reply 2
all views welcome!
I'm thinking very hard indeed about it because at 27 I'm pretty settled and far beyond teenage idealism :wink:
do you have a job, mortgage, kids, partner? cause these would affect your answers. I'm 19 and live alone and could say as i'm v.independant but i can't comment on the above

Latest