The Student Room Group

Popular rah clothing brands?

Jack Wills is an obvious one, apart from that what other brands would you stereotype to rahs?

Scroll to see replies

Back in our day, those were sloanes..

Now all the sloanes are indie/rave.. and all the tossers are, well, rahs.

yar, fabulously british dahhhling
Abercrombie and Fitch
Reply 3
Abercrombie and Fitch
Juicy Couture

I have a Jack Wills hoody (I won it) but I wouldn't consider myself a rah,but it is a rah brand in general.
Reply 4
Aberbcromeh+Fitch
Hollister.....to an extent, though round london its just exploded because of shops at westfield and brent cross
Ralph Lauren
Superdry....again not really, but its expensive for what it is, so you get the people who wear it just for that

shiz like that
what is rah?
Reply 6
-aimz
Abercrombie and Fitch
Juicy Couture

I have a Jack Wills hoody (I won it) but I wouldn't consider myself a rah,but it is a rah brand in general.

Lol I know somebody who literally only wears Jack Wills and Juicy Couture clothing and accessories, with some A&F tops and perfume... and claims not to be 'rah' at all! :rolleyes:
Reply 7
I wouldnt say there are 'rah' brands, there are just certain people such as 'rah's that BRAND RAPE for a couple of months and then those brands become associated with them, but meh! Here are a few more you could consider to be:

- Crew
- Hackett

Basically it is all the classic english brands that say represent rugby and various other sports that then get worn for days on end by people who don't even play sport. Wierd....
Reply 8
I have no idea what a 'rah' is :| :p:
I wouldn't label myself as anything really, but although I don't like Hollister or American Eagle or any of those 'preppy' type brands, for some reason I adore Abercrombie.
The jeans are really good quality, and the tops and hoodies are soo comfy for when you're ill or can't be bothered to leave the house!
And I love the Fierce perfume, the men's one, it's gorgeous and sursprisingly feminine :smile:

I'ts extortionately over-priced in the UK though. :/
Brooks Brothers
Hollister is the casual arm of Abercrombie, so I'd consider it less sloaney. The Westfield shop resembles a small hut :yep:
Reply 11
Not necessarily 'Rah' brands but brands associated with rahs.
I wear all of these myself haha, this is what you'll see the lads wearing.

Jack Wills (also Aubin & Wills)
Abercrombie & Fitch (Hollister also if you want)
Ralph Lauren
Barbour
Hunter wellies
Crew clothing
Ganobi & Grant
Wilson and Finch
Hackett
Lacoste (worn by too many chavs though)

Then theres Fred Perry, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Franklin & Marshall, Lyle and scott.

Im sure theres some ive missed out =D
x
Reply 12
In the Uk I would say the main rah brands are Jack Wills, Crew Clothing, Hackett and Barbour

Abercrombie and fitch and Ralph lauren are more American Preppy, and probable less so for Lacroste.

But there are smaller rah brands which seem to pop up these days, like Ganobi & Grant as mentioned above :tongue:
Reply 13
dreadnaut
Aberbcromeh+Fitch
Hollister.....to an extent, though round london its just exploded because of shops at westfield and brent crossRalph Lauren
Superdry....again not really, but its expensive for what it is, so you get the people who wear it just for that

shiz like that

arrrgggh I hate it!
I have one nice dress from there but you blatantly get people who are like "I must buy the cheapest tshirt that says hollister on it because it's hollister and that makes me cool" and the shop is god damn awful! The brent cross one in particular - it's DARK inside and smells weird and is always full of 13-year-olds. grrr.
Sorry, felt the need to rant :tongue:
e: Also I don't think anyone has mentioned Joules yet?
Reply 14
haha I knew i forgot something!
yes Joules! Don't see as many people wearing as Jack Wills though =P
Also Boden, and Polistas

There must be more surely x
Reply 15
forsaken_earth
Back in our day, those were sloanes..

Now all the sloanes are indie/rave.. and all the tossers are, well, rahs.

yar, fabulously british dahhhling

Ah, I remember the days of the sloane! I however can't see why anyone would want to turn all crazy indie/rave, but anyway..

More to the point OP, I hope you're not enquiring about this as you wish to pursue that sort of style, as it's rather ironic given your username is 'individual', ha.
Reply 16
I have a few items of clothing from the above brands but not because of the name.... I actually like the style of the items I purchased....

Theres too much generalisation attached to brands... tbh
Reply 17
sadie-kiki
arrrgggh I hate it!
I have one nice dress from there but you blatantly get people who are like "I must buy the cheapest tshirt that says hollister on it because it's hollister and that makes me cool" and the shop is god damn awful! The brent cross one in particular - it's DARK inside and smells weird and is always full of 13-year-olds. grrr.

LOL! And the service in there is terrible, you're always served by 17 year olds who think they're God's gift to mankind because they work in Hollister!
But what you said is just too true.

All saints - I went in there the other day and was like.. I don't even want to try on anything in here...

http://www.allsaints.com/womens/dresses/ <- WTF is that?? And that dress she's wearing is over £200!
Reply 18
Bigbear69
Not necessarily 'Rah' brands but brands associated with rahs.
I wear all of these myself haha, this is what you'll see the lads wearing.

Jack Wills (also Aubin & Wills)
Abercrombie & Fitch (Hollister also if you want)
Ralph Lauren
Barbour
Hunter wellies
Crew clothing
Ganobi & Grant
Wilson and Finch

Hackett
Lacoste (worn by too many chavs though)

Then theres Fred Perry, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Franklin & Marshall, Lyle and scott.

Im sure theres some ive missed out =D
x

Sorry what?

G&G = no where near yet.
Wilson and Finch = totally fake :rolleyes:
sadie-kiki
arrrgggh I hate it!
e: Also I don't think anyone has mentioned Joules yet?

Gotta hand it to their marketing dudes.....the whole walking advert thing has really worked for them. Though their stuff is almost as .....in you face as unversity hoodies with the name in massive letters over the front

Me and Friends laugh when we go out in hollister stuff....

"yeah I go to the UNIVERSITY OF MALIBU" = (our rehash of shouty uni clothing and hollister :ninja:

I bought a ton of it when i was in america, ignorant to the fact it was everywhere in London (and elsewhere)....the shop smelt so good. And it is pretty cheap for what it is, river island/top shop prices for MUCH better quality

Quick Reply

Latest