The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Loads of people did the empathy question for OMAM? I hate them.. My teacher always tells us not to do them unless you're really really really confident becaus eapparently they're quite hard to get marks in.
I did 2c for OMAM - George and Lennie's relationship. It was a bit stupid though, because it was exactly the same as the extract question but on a wider scale :s-smilie:

I did 2b for Blood Brothers, the one about which character you have the most sympathy for. I wrote about Linda, should've done Mrs Johnstone really but oh well :/

The poem was okay, I quite liked it actually but I hardly had any time! I only managed to write a few short paragraphs on the content, basic poetic techniques, structure, and a sentence or two on my opinion. REally don't think I got over 5/10 for that :/
Does anyone else always run out of time in English exams? I get so carried away!
Reply 21
neesh_27
stone cold wer the novel ...wasnt too hard! it was gd infact (:
Blood Brothers was the play.....was ok

HATED THE POEM....jus waffled on 4 it!

:biggrin:

i thought the poem was quite good
Reply 22
did anyone do 'To kill a Mockingbird' or 'Hobson's Choice'?!

if so how did you find? which questions did you do?
Reply 23
johnlegend
i thought the poem was quite good

well in my past examz ive done really well in my poems, but this time i felt the poem was harder than the previous one's ive had......
Reply 24
hmm I did Of Mice and Men and Othello
For Omam, i did the one on George and Lennie's relationship.. I thought it was a nice question, went on about how steinbeck uses adverbs, metaphors, and shows their friendship as something rare, as the boss questions it on the ranch
Othello was a but trickier, I wasnt expecting Desdemona, and she was slightly constrictive in giving knowledge about the play, so I talked about Othello as well and linked him in :P
Poetry was ok.... Talked about how the poet used fauna to symbolize love and show unity between man and nature :P
How did everyone else find it?
Reply 25
Yeah I thought it went quite well actually. Especially 'A View From the Bridge'. And the poem was really good as well. I interpreted it as the awkwardness of two lovers post-breakup and did a lot of structural analysis. :P
Reply 26
I think I done quite well, and I hate English! I done the Candy question for OMAM, I loved it for some reason, I just retold most of OMAM from Candy's point of view, throwing in thoughts and feelings and random quotes, although it's weird writing "tart" and "Oh, Jesus" in an exam..
Blood Brothers was a bit more tricky, I felt. I done the sympathy question; I was thinking about doing Linda too but I stuck with Mrs J, although I felt I waffled a bit. There seemed to be quite a lot about relationships in this paper...
I actually liked the poem, I thought the unseen poetry would be evil, but it wasn't too bad, I thought the whole swan thing and holding hands was cute =]
Reply 27
neesh_27
i did A!

me too, who did you choose? i did linda
Reply 28
the poem was a stinker!
Reply 29
Anyone remember the name of the poem?
I'm not sure how I did, I did To Kill a Mockingbird and Romeo and Juliet. I think Romeo and Juliet went well (did question c) but i don't know how I did in To Kill a Mockingbird (I did C as well)
Reply 31
Pronitron

Snow Swans? :confused:
Swan Snows?? :eek:
Pronitron

Winter Swans I think.
Reply 33
I choose part A and B I finished the first bit too early so spent time on the Candy thing and had like 30mins for Inspector calls. So yes I rushed it, the poem was really really messed up half my year didn't understand it. I thought it was about swans in love.
Reply 34
Dev25
me too, who did you choose? i did linda

o yh good choice! (Y)
i did mickey bt thinkin about it i kinda regret nt doing mrs J.......coz u could'v wrote loadz! bt i did ok wid mickey...
Reply 35
Just one question, you know the Candy question? Was it 'look over the event, from Lennie and George's arrival' or 'express your feelings after the death of Lennie'? Please tell me. (:
i was sooo happy with the exam. got up at half 5 this morning to do extra revision and it completely paid off. i chose the a for both of mice and men and a view from the bridge :smile: i think i did okay...hopefully i get my B :smile:

anyone else think that poem was sweet? i think it actually cheered me up haha...god im sad!
Reply 37
a lot of people chose Mrs J, but linda was easier as you can write crap saying she now has to live alone/mickey situation/ no love from m/loss both M/E and loads more
Reply 38
Inkie
Yeah I thought it went quite well actually. Especially 'A View From the Bridge'. And the poem was really good as well. I interpreted it as the awkwardness of two lovers post-breakup and did a lot of structural analysis. :P

Which question did you do on a view from the bridge? I did the one as Catherine talking about her relationship with Rodolpho.

I said it was the awkwardness of a couple at the beginning of their relationship, but I'm not sure. Don't know how well it really went, never know with English.
Reply 39
I hought it went quite well, I did Silas Marner (chose 4b about Silas) and Romeo and Juliet (chose 13b about Mercutio).
I found the poem much easier than the ones we've been doing to practise in class. I really liked it and I found it easy to write about and make a personal response which i usually struggle with on the unseen poems.
This is the poem if anyone wants to look at it again.. http://underthegreenhill.blogspot.com/2008/11/winter-swans.html
I just wrote about the similarities between the relationship of a swan and how it is similar to an ideal relationship of a human, how the swans brought the two people together, contrasts between the dark water and white feathers etc.
Just waffled on in the exam basically but I finished in time, remembered some quotes to put in and got all my points in so hopefully I did well! Hoping every else did well.

Latest

Trending

Trending