The Student Room Group

WJEC English Lit. How did you find it?

Soo, hooray! Finally, its out of the way!! How did you find it?

Which question did you choose?
Of Mice and men;
a, Imagine you are candy.
b, relationship between Lennie and George

An inspector calls;
a, the eric one
b, which character abused their powers (something like that)

For me, i picked a in both of them.

And how was the poem? What did you think of it??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I picked 2b in both of them, I found it alright overall.

What did you say about the poem? I said it was about swans and the author is there writing about it and the wintery season?
Reply 2
I said the author was using swans to relate to people's relationships, and i just commented on the use of pairings, colours and personification. I found it okay...surprisingly. Im rubbish on english! :smile:
Reply 3
the blood brother one

A) Which character do you feel most sympathetic and how does willy russell create this...
B)Something about the johnstone family
Reply 4
I hardly did any detail compared to that haha, i'll be happy with a C overall I think, english really is my worse subject. How many pages did you write in your answer booklet? I got onto the 11th page but only did a paragraph
Chose 2b for both :smile:
For the poem I just wrote about the personification and metaphors, and how the arrival of the swans which brought the poet closer to his partner physically and emotionally were a metaphor for something personal in his life..or some bulls**t like that :smile:
Stealdo
How many pages did you write in your answer booklet? I got onto the 11th page but only did a paragraph

Exactly the same.
Reply 7
I had to rush everything :L
Reply 8
Stealdo
I hardly did any detail compared to that haha, i'll be happy with a C overall I think, english really is my worse subject. How many pages did you write in your answer booklet? I got onto the 11th page but only did a paragraph

I had one page in my answer booklet left. But its quality not quantity :biggrin:
Reply 9
Possibly the best questions ever!!!!!

Of Mice and men was lovely, did the question as if you were candy, purely cause the extract question was too similar to the (b) question and then i went with the relationship between eddie and beatrice on a view from the bridge and did this rant on sex, was immense!!!!!!

poem was a bit harder for me, i said how the swans kind of represent the couple, and how their "hands swum together" and that as swans mate for life thir hands would stay together for life like the swans bla bla bla :smile: :smile: so happy
Reply 10
Luca118
Possibly the best questions ever!!!!!

Of Mice and men was lovely, did the question as if you were candy, purely cause the extract question was too similar to the (b) question and then i went with the relationship between eddie and beatrice on a view from the bridge and did this rant on sex, was immense!!!!!!

poem was a bit harder for me, i said how the swans kind of represent the couple, and how their "hands swum together" and that as swans mate for life thir hands would stay together for life like the swans bla bla bla :smile: :smile: so happy

Haha, niceee. Im gald to know that you found it okay. I have to admit, it was better than what i thought it'd be like. I thought i would run out of time, but i had about 10 minutes at the end to check over my work, which was so good, soooo good!
I did aqa english
we had to wrtie about dreams in of mice and men- that was ok

BUT OMG THE POETRY
WTF?!
i failed soo horribly on that, i do feel like crying
I failed
fail
failed!:frown:
*cries*

I 'm gonna try and make it up in the language papers- somehow! I have language i find it mroe difficult than the literature
Reply 12
i was on my 9th page in the booklet, eng is also my crappiest subject so with a C is ok, B is great thou
Reply 13
I did To Kill A Mockingbird and Under Milk Wood (which is really hard and makes no sense to me =/)

Anyways, I chose C's for both.

The questions were very nice, although I think I waffled on and not answered the question >_<

Oh well...27th August! Can't wait :smile:

Goodluck for Biology, people!
Reply 14
Dev25
the blood brother one

A) Which character do you feel most sympathetic and how does willy russell create this...
B)Something about the johnstone family

i did A!
Reply 15
stone cold wer the novel ...wasnt too hard! it was gd infact (:
Blood Brothers was the play.....was ok

HATED THE POEM....jus waffled on 4 it!

:biggrin:
Reply 16
I think I did quite well actually, if I say so myself! Well, better than I thought I'd do. I did the Candy question which was good because it was kind of like creative writing which I'm much better at than other stuff. And I did the which character is most guilty of abusing their powers one for An inspector calls. Pretty much just went through what everyone did and how they were abusing their powers and then chose one for the end. Didn't like the Mrs Birling question though.
Poem was good. Was a nice poem. I wrote about the theme of water cropped up a lot. And about how it had an irregular set up which made it seem whimsical. And how it seemed all calm and serene.

What did people write for the extract question for OMAM? I wrote that it showed George & Lennies relationship kind of like a father/son relationship.
Reply 17
Interesting that most did the Candy one on OMAM - I hate the empathy questions! I picked the second option (c) and expanded on what I put for (a). All sorts of things you could have put for the extract-based question - father/son, teacher/pupil, and also exploring Lennie's animal-like nature.

Did the 'abused their powers' one for An Inspector Calls - it was fairly straight-forward but I had to remember that it wasn't asking about who was most to blame!

Poetry was OK-ish - wasn't much to talk about other than the things people have mentioned above.
Reply 18
For the extract question 'relationship between Lennie and George', i put they were like father/son, master/dog. :/
I found it okay, I know I didn't do great on it though :/

Latest

Trending

Trending